Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a leather vest since i joined the Legion Riders and Patriot Guard. Since Cycle Gear opened a store near by, i looked at their website to see what they offer. found one that was on sale, called the store to see if he had it so i could try it on. sure enough it was in stock.
on sale for 79.99, i tried it on but too snug, they only had a xl. took a look around and he found a 3xl that was on clearance for 69.99. fit like a glove. at check out he discovered it was a 140 dollar vest that a employee marked wrong and he honored the price. the store is small but they have a great deal of stuff. i made sure i let him know id be back. ive sent 4 friends over to pick up oil, lights and a helmet for his kid. i had great luck with them, all you can do is try them

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
I needed a leather vest since i joined the Legion Riders and Patriot Guard. Since Cycle Gear opened a store near by, i looked at their website to see what they offer. found one that was on sale, called the store to see if he had it so i could try it on. sure enough it was in stock.
on sale for 79.99, i tried it on but too snug, they only had a xl. took a look around and he found a 3xl that was on clearance for 69.99. fit like a glove. at check out he discovered it was a 140 dollar vest that a employee marked wrong and he honored the price. the store is small but they have a great deal of stuff. i made sure i let him know id be back. ive sent 4 friends over to pick up oil, lights and a helmet for his kid. i had great luck with them, all you can do is try them
Where is this store...I wanna buy a vest ! LOL

I too, am a Legion Rider & Patriot Guard (two vest's / patches) ...just have not been riding for toooooo Looooooong ! :doh:

Congrat's

:smiley_th

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
I recently had excellent customer service with Cycle Gear myself. I had battery tender that I bought over a year ago and never used it until about one month ago. It lit up and then went dead. I took it back to the store (two towns away) without a receipt. They looked it up on the computer but could not find a transaction for the item but still honored it by replacing the entire unit even after I explained that I had forgotten the leads that were already attached to my bike at home. I received a complete new tender in the package and haven't had a problem since with the new unit. I also purchased a vest, battery with lifetime replacement (no questions asked) and numerous other items there and will continue going back. The sales are pretty good if they are favoring the item you really want that particular month.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
Cycle Gear has great customer service across the board, but downright unsafe gear. Equipment labeled with the BiLT brand is just imported Chinese OEM manufactured stuff. You can find it with other names like IV2 on eBay for half the cost.

They do carry some decent brands, just in limited quantities. Be forewarned about the safety and quality of BiLT branded equipment.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Cycle Gear has great customer service across the board, but downright unsafe gear. Equipment labeled with the BiLT brand is just imported Chinese OEM manufactured stuff. You can find it with other names like IV2 on eBay for half the cost.

They do carry some decent brands, just in limited quantities. Be forewarned about the safety and quality of BiLT branded equipment.
What he said....

I check out some of their items but am always wary of any safety type gear (e.g. Bilt brand).

I have also heard (can't confirm) that Cycle Gear will sometimes let people return helmets after a short time (days). I haven't really heard of anyone else doing this in my relatively short life as a bike owner.

Just something to keep in mind if considering buying a helmet from Cycle Gear.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I can't complain about Cycle Gear, they have always done me right on anything I've gotten there. But I really use them for trying on jackets and things that I buy elsewhere cheaper. I know they supposedly have a price match deal, but after having to pay tax, it won't be a better price. I have bought things like a seat pad and freeze out stuff from them because family gives me gift cards. :)

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I was gonna say, when ya come up this weekend, we'll stop by Ed's...he got lotsa stuff at discount prices....

I told ya bout the deal I got on the Kury pegs for ya.....1/3 price.....slightly used.......

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was gonna say, when ya come up this weekend, we'll stop by Ed's...he got lotsa stuff at discount prices....

I told ya bout the deal I got on the Kury pegs for ya.....1/3 price.....slightly used.......
you bet, im sure ill be drooling over the old ironhead stuff.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Not fer nuttin....but StrangeDays got all kinds neat sheit fer sale too.....

I got a sweet handmade leather vest made by a hippie chick I knew at a commune in Big Sur.....aint cheap but (Id let it go fer the right price).... (Annie...is priceless)....frickin Annie did nice work....she put love into each stitch man....seriously....

Dont be buyin sheit on the net bro.....yer gonna be here in 6 days.....I'll take care of ya.....think ya can wait that long ?.... ;) I'll bring ya to Ed's first....we can work on yer bike under the lights....I got like 6 fluourescent fixtures in a 20x40 shop.....lottsa light....the BBQ is just 20 ft away too....and I got a fridge in the shop....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts