Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow riders.
any ideas on a alternate set of carbs i could use for a vn750 1990 as my origanals have been damaged. due to the year of the bike and here in the uk there do not seem to be many around
Regards Neilhttp://www.vn750.com/forum/images/smilies/baby.gif

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
thats all that fit i have heard of fuel injection kits that use the carb body as a throttle body but that usually costs more than the bikes do.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Someone here needs to make a manifold to mount one carb.

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
They show up fairly often on ebay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that info. i was also wondering if there is any other make of carb from other bikes taht could be used regards
Neil

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Neil, it is pretty unlikely that any other pair of carbs would be a straight bolt on swap. Maybe someone who has worked on many more bikes than I can shed some light on that, but I'm doubting there will be a clean fit, when you consider the entire combination of variables, cables, choke, manifolds etc. besides the different jetting etc.

There are enough of these bikes being parted out constantly that you'd probably have better luck finding this exact set than going through what ever it might take to convert some from another model. Just my .02~;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Neil, it is pretty unlikely that any other pair of carbs would be a straight bolt on swap. Maybe someone who has worked on many more bikes than I can shed some light on that, but I'm doubting there will be a clean fit, when you consider the entire combination of variables, cables, choke, manifolds etc. besides the different jetting etc.

There are enough of these bikes being parted out constantly that you'd probably have better luck finding this exact set than going through what ever it might take to convert some from another model. Just my .02~;)
Hi Fergy
There are not many here in the uk i did see some on ebay in the states but were not cheap
Will just keep looking
Regards
Neil

·
1992 VN 750
109 Posts
Shoot me a PM with the parts of yours that is damaged and I might be able to help. I have a second set of carbs that has one broken piece and between the two sets you should be able to get yours back on the road. Let me know and I will do what I can to help you out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shoot me a PM with the parts of yours that is damaged and I might be able to help. I have a second set of carbs that has one broken piece and between the two sets you should be able to get yours back on the road. Let me know and I will do what I can to help you out.[/QUOTE
Hi Bordolover
If you sit on the bike its the left hand side carb the pilot jet for air adjustment broke leaving it blocked a mechanic drilled out blockage and plastic welded the hole?
I cannot adjust settings properly
So i am looking for the left hand side carb
Regards
Neil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello Bordolover.
I am not sure if you received my reply. It is the left hand side carb when you sit on the bike.
What happened was in the air pilot screw adjustment hole. The mechanic that i took the bike to found a piece broken and stuck in the hole. He could not get it out so he drilled it out from the side or the back , i am not a hundred % sure. he then plastic welded where he drilled. The problem now is that I cannot adjust the air screw properly
so i guess i am looking for a complete left hand side carb and between the two make up one.
Please let me know your thoughts and what you would like for your car
Regards
Neil

·
1992 VN 750
109 Posts
PM sent on 13 June 2010!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts