Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has rewound their stators yet. if so can i get some data from ya ( gauge wire used and how many turns)... i know mine will need a new one soon and i was looking at doing my own (see if i can improve reliablity).

i was also looking at maybe putting a moded computer or custom heatsink over the stator cover to help dissapate that heat and maybe get better life outta it. or what about oil coolers.... i was wondering if there was a way to tap into the oil system and install one of these buggers in there. i think the top reason for stator failure prob is the heat. so if i can emliminate(well reduce) the heat......better life and maybe even more juice?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
There is someone on the yahoo group that rewound a stater but I don't think they installed it in a bike yet.

The problem with extra heatsink is the built in one makes is so an added on one would not work very well. Also any fan used on the heatsink must be water proof .

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am going for the reduce heat instead of the relocate. I bought a 18" square sheet of heat sheilding and will install it under and backwards from the regulator. This way the heat of the goat belly will be reflected a bit, moved outward a bit and HOPEFULLY reduce the heat somewhat. Who knows, at least I'll try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts