Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my seat back from getting covered. I might still add memory foam to the seat if I isn't soft enough. Let me know what you think...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Matches yer bags fer sure !...I prefer leather over vinyl though....and if ya need an extra pad, go Gel...ton of em on Ebay...wanna get one fer mine too...

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matches yer bags fer sure !...I prefer leather over vinyl though....and if ya need an extra pad, go Gel...ton of em on Ebay...wanna get one fer mine too...
I would go gel but I don't want to mod my base layer of foam. I might just want a little more fluff on top. As far as leather over vinyl...I have leather tastes but vinyl budget. Plus vinyl is cheaper if I feel like changing it up a little.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
I like the smooth look myself. Don't really care for the concho's or braids.

On a side note, did you paint your bike yourself or have someone do it for you? Looks really good otherwise. I am considering getting my bike repainted the candy blue (or any of the colors) found on the new Fiesta's. http://www.ford.com/cars/fiesta/gallery/photos/

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1) Those seats are pretty...pretty fugly imho. Not my cup of tea at all but I appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into designing and making them.

2) I do have plans to do some inlay work in black. Gotta decide what pattern I want to do. Flames are an obvious chioce but I may go another direction with it. I kinda like the minimal look of the seat so maybe some simple stripes or something.

3) I did not paint the bike. The PO did. It is a really nice color that coincendentally matches perfectly to any blue anodized accessories (valve stem caps or any of those other "performance" accessories at the auto parts store). I do have a chip in the tank I need to get shot and a tour pack fender I got from Pick I need to match before it goes on the bike.

Thanks for lookin guys. That's what I love about this site...plenty of ideas. In fact while writting writting this reply I just thought of another mod that might be really cool. Top secret right now...but coming soon to a thread near you: "My Next Crackpot Idea" . My wife helped with the project name...

Please keep the comments rolling, it helps me bounce ideas around.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Gotta decide what pattern I want to do
How about ladies underwear lace, or fishnet stockings....
Guy here locally does that. 3-4 layers, and comes out looking awesome ! The fishnet looks like snakeskin when he's done....
I wanna get a junk tank and play around with that meself....

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh no Wolfie. I'm keeping the same paint scheme. I might ment what pattern I wanted to do for the seat inlay.

I am going to mock some ideas up out of paper before I cut anything.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I might ment what pattern I wanted to do for the seat inlay
I seen a Trumpet with a custom leather seat that had a paisley pattern stitched in....was awesome (hand done, early 70s)....also, with CAD and such that can hook up to embroidery machines, you give em a pic, and they'll embroider it on fer ya....
Picture floppin yer azz onto yer boss's face every day, lol.....I did see a nice scene done from a photo though of a whitetail buck by a stream with mountains and woods behind....wasnt on a daily driver though...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts

http://scooterseatcovers.net/

I may just get some fabric and recover from time to time over my leather....this is too cool !!!! ...like.....wow......
Buddy of mine has his own upholstery shop too...may need to pay a visit, lol.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts