Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all. I'd like to offer my amateur fabrication skills, so I'm offering free bracket and plate fabrication. I'm limited by custom shapes on a single plane, as I have no adequate cutting tools besides a die grinder. I can, however, custom weld at any angle and can drill bolt holes.

If anybody is Interested, either post or pm with specs. Obviously, the more detailed your design is, the easier it will be for me to fabricate.

Important information: bolt hole size, distance from bolt hole center to bolt hole center, bracket length and width, any angles included in the bracket.

First couple of interested fellows will get free shipping. That means a totally free part!

I'm just testing the waters; I'm not sure what I'm getting myself into, but I'd love to help any way I can.

·
Dr. Vulcanstein
1,536 Posts
What type of metal do you have? Do you have any aluminum.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Just ordered a plasma cutter. :)
WTG ! :smiley_th

I suggest cutting/creating (rear) multiple sets of shock (bike) lowering brackets....1st set me !
I will try to locate the engineer drawing available on web.

:smiley_th

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
can you make one that i can bolt to my rear axle if so its a vn750 so you should have all the specs you need right if you make it i will pay the shipping

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I hope youre getting a quality plasma cutter and not a Harbor Freight special....Merc, KC and me were playin with one, and while it was fun, was very difficult to use and hold a decent line...I think you could have been better off with a metal bandsaw....thats what Im gonna get eventually...

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
i dont know the technical specs i work 12 plus hours a day and the bike is my main transport riding season is upon us here in dallas texas

·
Alpha Geek
487 Posts
Roughly where are you located? I need some things made for a car in 1/4" or 3/16" but they must be structural (engine/trans brackets)

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
WTG ! :smiley_th

I suggest cutting/creating (rear) multiple sets of shock (bike) lowering brackets....1st set me !
I will try to locate the engineer drawing available on web.

Here is one link:

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15254

Post 1 has a BluePrint, Post 6 & 7 have pics of mounted brackets.

I've seen another (posibly better) BluePrint.....unable to locate it.

imo, You could move several pairs of these brackets.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
I wish you would make some cheap luggage racks
I'd like to see some more luggage racks too lol. I wish I had a plasma cutter, it would drive the price of my racks down some because it wouldn't take me so much time to make one.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Figure on making a $600 outlay for a decent plasma cutter though...Im cuttin my FWD control brackets with a 4" angle grinder and cutting wheel until I sell a few....

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
That's all i got man. Angle grinder and a sander.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Hay...ya makes do with what ya got, until ya can upgrade proper....a halfass upgrade aint worth it...right ?

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't buy a high end cutter. However, I have had experience with the cutter I bought and the company through which I bought it holds a respectable 5yr warranty for me. Not worried.

I'll start the lowering brackets when I get some more scrap.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts