Registered
7,954 Posts

·
Hoser
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
2,521 Posts
So adding 1 gallon capacity will double your milage?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
what?! lol
even if it did, this wouldn't really help me much. when riding with the wife on long trips. we have to stop around every 100 miles to get gas in her bike. so I just top my bike off when we stop for gas for her. also, for me, I like to stop every 1hr to 1 1/2 hrs, after that long on the bike I need to get off and wall around and use the restroom. the same goes for the wife, and after 1 1/2hrs on the freeway, we have right around a 100 miles on the bike. so it all works out pretty well.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
I only get 120 miles before hitting reserve, and maybe 20mi on reserve, so 140 miles w/stock tank. I get 40mpg most of the time, so with the big tank .... 4.5gal x 40mpg = 180 miles.

junkyardroad's:
4.5gal x 46mpg = 207 miles
4.5gal x 48mpg = 216 miles
It's enough to make a difference on some of my rides, the gas stations start getting farther apart. Get caught in the middle and the price per gallon is a lot higher than 40 miles in either direction.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Some body better jump on this ,that is cheap for his labor and the Pingel petcock.I don't have anything to gain but I have heard a bunch of you wanting a bigger tank .

·
2,521 Posts
what?! lol
even if it did, this wouldn't really help me much. when riding with the wife on long trips. we have to stop around every 100 miles to get gas in her bike. so I just top my bike off when we stop for gas for her. also, for me, I like to stop every 1hr to 1 1/2 hrs, after that long on the bike I need to get off and wall around and use the restroom. the same goes for the wife, and after 1 1/2hrs on the freeway, we have right around a 100 miles on the bike. so it all works out pretty well.
Well, with the 5.3 gallon tank on the 900, I filled up last time at 232 miles and still had about 3/4 gal left so I figure that would put me at about 275-280 miles on a tank.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
ok guys i am taking donations for this tank cause i only get about 80 to 100 miles on my main tank as it is any one want to hook me up with some birthday cash just let me know lol

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
tempted.......but seems a bit high for me since I would have to paint it.

If it is still available when I get more cash, I might bite.

I am surprised nobody jumped on it yet....lots of people were waiting for something like this to appear.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Wanna trade for a 2 pc Harley tank ?....Id kick in $75 for a trade.....

I like it...its what my Harley tanks would have become w/o the work...all I need is to paint it to match...and get another custom decal, lol....lemme know....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I bragged on the other post so I'm going to brag here also.

^^^^ this gal totally locked this down. :lockd: I got a big tank
Now you can :motorcycl even further between fillups,That was a good buy,there will be some that wish they had jumped on it.Good on you.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Now you can :motorcycl even further between fillups,That was a good buy,there will be some that wish they had jumped on it.Good on you.
Yeah for sure. With some of the rides I have in mind for next year, it will come in handy. Plus jsut wait till you all see my bike after this winter is over. ;)

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Aaaaand I have another project.... lol

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Yeah for sure. With some of the rides I have in mind for next year, it will come in handy. Plus jsut wait till you all see my bike after this winter is over. ;)
What ever you do, quiet those pipes down. lol

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I heard that all day yesterday, lol.....Streetglides on a degoated VN are the cats azz....

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Yeah...these are jardines and they are poppy as hell no matter how much I adjust the carbs.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Aaaaand I have another project.... lol
Yes you do, yes...you...do ;)

Actually I was talking to Mike, and there is a chance that they might be a bit louder with what I have in mind. Haven't fully decided yet. You still got those earplugs right? :rockon:

I heard that all day yesterday, lol.....Streetglides on a degoated VN are the cats azz....
Wolfie, have I ever told you I like your style? :smiley_th

Yeah...these are jardines and they are poppy as hell no matter how much I adjust the carbs.
I think I might have almost gotten used to teh popping

1 - 20 of 32 Posts