Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok a while back, at work i custom fabricated a set of rear turn signal re-location brackets, based on the F/S design. The only difference is, these dont have the drop down tab for mounting the saddlebag supports. (thou u can easily weld a bracket on to it).

I had these on my bike for about a week, then i bought my hard saddle bags and needed the support brackets, and of course i had to buy the whole kit. So i ended up buying the whole F/S kit, and took these off, and they have been sitting in a box for over a year.
At one time I was going to start fabricating up custom F/S saddle bag supports and turn signal re-locator brackets. So i kept these for a mock up. Now i have all my dimensions and blueprints for when i actually do start making them, if there is even a big enough demand.
But for now, i will just try to sell these.

They are Nickel plated, not chromed... it will resist rusting for a while, but eventually will rust, but u can always re-paint them.

I took some pics, and will be posting them up soon.

For now I am asking $25 + shipping.
I take Paypal.

Thanks

As u can see in the pics, there are 4 tapped holes (10-24NC, and i will provide some stainless steel flat heads).
There are 4 tapped holes, so unlike the F/S ones, the one side you wont have to flip the helmet lock over and have it upside down.

Also, on the inside of the piece, it has my named stamped into it... i did this at work and had to stamp my name into it so when it went to plating they knew who it belonged to.

These are my first set, my prototype, they aren't the best but they do work.

Later on, once i get my bigger garage and more tools, i plan on making these and the saddlebag support, if there is enough demand for them.

·
Skankin' Vulcan
64 Posts
Pics?

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
:worthless

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
I have definitely been looking for signal relocation brackets! Are they still available??

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have definitely been looking for signal relocation brackets! Are they still available??
Yes i still have them...

but note they do not have the drop down tab for the saddlebag support brackets, as stated in the post. You can easily make a bracket and weld it to this.

These will be perfect for someone who just needs to relocate their blinkers, like for soft saddle bags, etc..

If you WANT ME to make the saddlebag support bolt tab and weld it on to it, i can do that, for an extra $20. But the new welded on part will not be nickel plated, so u would have to re-paint the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Nope

@mmanresa

I actually bought these from him about a month ago. Not sure what happened on thread. I thought it showed sold.

BUT, I must say, if he does happen to have another set he manufactured, they are definitely quality made and worth the price. I installed them in short order and they have worked great getting the signals out of the way of my top loading Cortech bags.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Your List

Put me on your list for turn signal relocaters. If you deside to make any, I am interested in a pair.

Mcneuby :smiley_th

·
Registered
43 Posts
PM me

i am interested in a set of these too..any pics of it bolted up on the bike? thanks

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Here's a picture of my bike with them installed. Not the best angle, but they work great.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Better close-up pix

Took some closer snapshots. These are quality built. You will not be disappointed.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im glad they worked for you man.

As for making more...I will see what I can do...but does anybody need the drop down tab for the bag support?
Also i wont be able to make and sell them as cheap as I sold this set.
I made this set for me...but then I just bought the $150 whole kit that came with the bag supports because I couldnt make that.
Id probably be able to get the material, make the holes, do the bend, and weld it up, then make the spacer holder on the lathe, all for may $60 un plated..plus shipping..thats still cheaper than $150 for the whole F&S kit

·
Registered
43 Posts
As for making more...I will see what I can do...but does anybody need the drop down tab for the bag support?
i dont know what this is? please explain. also it looks like from the pics that you have the helment locks on the brackets? how this working out for you? would you recommend this for future signal light relocation?

Id probably be able to get the material, make the holes, do the bend, and weld it up, then make the spacer holder on the lathe, all for may $60 un plated..plus shipping..thats still cheaper than $150 for the whole F&S kit
this is very acceptable price to me....i would be willing to pay that. i dont know what you sold them for before but this sounds reasonable for the custom work

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont know what this is? please explain. also it looks like from the pics that you have the helment locks on the brackets? how this working out for you? would you recommend this for future signal light relocation?

this is very acceptable price to me....i would be willing to pay that. i dont know what you sold them for before but this sounds reasonable for the custom work
The drop down tab for the saddlebag support is just a squareish tab hanging down with a tapped hole for the saddle bag support bracket to bolt to.

As for the helmet locks, they work fine depending on your rear end tail light and luggage rack set up...if your all stock it works fine but if u have customized it I wouldnt know if it works or not.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
When are you gonna get these things going brother could use a set in a month or so.

Also what would you charge for a sissy bar uf interested in fabing one?

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I can start u a set...do u need the drop tab for the saddlebag brackets?
As for a sissy bar....not sure i can do one of those yet..

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Yes on the drop tab. Also the sissy bay noting specail just the A style bar is what im looking for that would bolt to stock location but tall so it will hold a travel bag and so i can put a duffle bag on the passenget seat for traveling. Will also be hitting you up for an engine gard later.

Also raw finish works just going to raddle can them flat black.

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I will start looking for some scrap materials for the turn signal brackets.
I dont have a tube bender to make the engine guards yet...once I get my tax returns..
As for the sissy bar...that too will have to wait til I get my bike out of storage to use it for mock ups..
The tubing benders im looking at..one is a hydraulic one that will do up to 2 inch...its $150..+ shipping.
The other one is a large bench fixed, manual one (a hydraulic cylinder can be added) and will do up to 3in. (Also like $150) I want that for making tube bumpers and bars for my truck and sell on the ford ranger forums..and make stuff for my atvs..

So lots of work planned...lots of fabrication..

1 - 20 of 174 Posts