Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I can't afford to grab all the deals. It's Buy It Now, so don't delay....:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290906351358?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Says Harley but those plates look awfully close to the ones on this page for a VN750. You might have to drill one new hole or elongate one hole, then they should mount up just like these with no crash bar. Could have some worms but that might be road grime, people don't like to clean things before they sell.

Check out the plates in this link and compare to the ones on Ebay:
http://www.chadsbike.com/highwaymounts.htm
*************************************************************************************

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
One of the 2 frame holes wont line up....trust me...I TRIED Harley plates to match mine, and one needs a redrilling....its over a 1/4" difference...more like 0.30 inches....can be done sure....but once you start milling chrome, it can flake and discolor....also, the ones shown in the Ebay ad, would be about level with our stock pegs, or if flipped 180. would be WAY high up.....

I should say screw it to my fwd controls, and just start making these plates (my plates double as hiway peg mounts).....I just need to get a plasma cutter first....4 1/2" angle grinder dont cut it for mass production....

I guess its worth it for the pegs themselves....but the brackets will need serious remilling.

Just a note....OLDER Harley brackets are closer than these....these are too acute....shootin into space....

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I said about the holes. It's not hard to drill one hole.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Its not just drilling a hole...you need to elongate the existing hole (Thats how close)....thats gonna show....but the angle itself is wrong for the VN....

My buddy owns a custom Harley/Indian shop....I tried to match up all kinds of plates (he has a ton of used stuff laying around)....they just didnt cut it....

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't that why you'd need to drill the hole, to change the angle? The bolt will have a head on it, maybe a washer too if you add one, so not as much will be showing. If I hadn't maxed out for now, they'd be on the way here.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Isn't that why you'd need to drill the hole, to change the angle? The bolt will have a head on it, maybe a washer too if you add one, so not as much will be showing. If I hadn't maxed out for now, they'd be on the way here.
I hear ya....but unless ya got a drill press, you wont get em right....Ive tried with a hand drill....even centerpunching to prevent walk....at that price though, yeah, wouldda been worth it I suppose...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts