Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
holy ancient thread batman
This should be called the Lazarus thread...Hahahaha. Now, with that said, I need some stinking pegs for my bike. But a 34" inseam doesn't go well with most of the ones I see. Soooooooo....has any one gotten the Kuryakyn type? They make a 2" version and a 3.5" version. I am thinking the 2" mounted to the crash bar would be enough for me. Any thoughts or ideas?

And I need to get ahold of this Wolfie guy. Need some forward controls. Ya know height-while thoroughly enjoyable most of the time-does have a few drawbacks. Not many, but a few.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Pm me a email caddy and ill get it to Wolfie

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
This should be called the Lazarus thread...Hahahaha. Now, with that said, I need some stinking pegs for my bike. But a 34" inseam doesn't go well with most of the ones I see. Soooooooo....has any one gotten the Kuryakyn type? They make a 2" version and a 3.5" version. I am thinking the 2" mounted to the crash bar would be enough for me. Any thoughts or ideas?

And I need to get ahold of this Wolfie guy. Need some forward controls. Ya know height-while thoroughly enjoyable most of the time-does have a few drawbacks. Not many, but a few.
First I think you need to decide if you want highway pegs or forward controls. There is a bit of a difference. Pegs are pretty easy to add to the crash bar and forwards are very expensive unless you fabricate them yourself. That is not overly difficult if you have access to a few tools such as a good torch for high heat and a decent arbor press. Most of the other tools required are basic and in most backyard mechanic shops. Several items are available right off the shelf from industrial supply houses like Grainger and such. They can be very professional in looks and quality. Add any finish you want and they bolt right on. I helped make a few sets about two years ago and they were great.

·
Registered
151 Posts
First I think you need to decide if you want highway pegs or forward controls. There is a bit of a difference. Pegs are pretty easy to add to the crash bar and forwards are very expensive unless you fabricate them yourself. That is not overly difficult if you have access to a few tools such as a good torch for high heat and a decent arbor press. Most of the other tools required are basic and in most backyard mechanic shops. Several items are available right off the shelf from industrial supply houses like Grainger and such. They can be very professional in looks and quality. Add any finish you want and they bolt right on. I helped make a few sets about two years ago and they were great.
Well, at 6ft-3in I think I need both. This bike wasn't really built for tall folk. If I could either move the controls forward 3-4 inches OR move my floorboards down an inch or 2-either would work. But I don't like riding with my knees level with the top of the gas tank.

As for the torch-don't have one. And not even sure what an arbor press is....but I will know I a few.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Paul I have an idea for an extension foot pegs for you. I have some tools here and my father in law through the woods from me have the rest to do what we need to do to make extensions for your foot pegs.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Well, at 6ft-3in I think I need both. This bike wasn't really built for tall folk. If I could either move the controls forward 3-4 inches OR move my floorboards down an inch or 2-either would work. But I don't like riding with my knees level with the top of the gas tank.

As for the torch-don't have one. And not even sure what an arbor press is....but I will know I a few.
you can not have both forwards and highway pegs because forward controls will put your shifter and rear brake pedal where the highway pegs would be

·
Registered
151 Posts
you can not have both forwards and highway pegs because forward controls will put your shifter and rear brake pedal where the highway pegs would be
Hmmm? Ok. Well, it's settled...highway pegs it is. But, I will still work on leveling my floorboards and dropping them an inch or 2. That will help. My deal with even extended pegs is MY FREAKING LEGS ARE LOOOOONG!!!!! Guess I'll make some kinda mock up device to see where they need to be. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Paul sit on the queen portion of the seat. Plenty of leg room then.
Hahahahahaha. Might try that tomorrow. Kinda dorky looking though I think. I have the week off so I am going to piddle with it some. Be outta town several days though. I'll figure something out for sure.

And I gotta level the floorboards somehow.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts