Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I took it as a side project to see if I could make these.
I think they turned out pretty good. I used 1/4" aluminum & KM's pattern with some tweeks to the overall shape.

I have three sets of these made. What you see in the photo's is all I have for them. You'll have to get the hardware but that shouldn't be a biggie.

I'm asking $45 each set shipped.
Anyone interested, post here & send me a PM.
The first three people I confirm with, takes them.

I will keep this updated as to them being sold.

PAYMENT. I prefer paypal as it's easy & secure. If you pay by paypal, please mark the payment as gift. This way they don't take any funds from it. ;)

[email protected]

A check or money order is fine too, it just really slows things down.

Thanks again, Kanuck69.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hey all. I took it as a side project to see if I could make these.
I think they turned out pretty good. I used 1/4" aluminum & KM's pattern with some tweeks to the overall shape.

I have three sets of these made. What you see in the photo's is all I have for them. You'll have to get the hardware but that shouldn't be a biggie.

I'm asking $45 each set shipped.
Anyone interested, post here & send me a PM.
The first three people I confirm with, takes them.

I will keep this updated as to them being sold.

PAYMENT. I prefer paypal as it's easy & secure. If you pay by paypal, please mark the payment as gift. This way they don't take any funds from it. ;)

[email protected]

A check or money order is fine too, it just really slows things down.

Thanks again, Kanuck69.

Those look pretty sweet and all they need is a couple of bolts from the hardware and some rubber mat glued to the top,good job and pretty good price too.I'll give you an" atta' " boy on those :smiley_th

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Those do look nice dude. If I weren't already involved in making some for myself I would snag a set. Mine are also based on km's design and modified heavily. I am using 1/8 stainless.

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
Look good to me. You can buy rubber at Lowes....they sell it in rolls to line those pickup truck tool boxes.

A few design notes:

I used 3/8 aluminum plate on mine because I was concerned about them bending if a rider put all his weight on the back end... I didn't like the idea of using thinner steel, as the thought of that finer edge being more likely to cut into flesh if the bike fell over on you.

The shape of mine having the back taper was there to avoid the having the board touch when leaned over. On mine the stock footpeg "feelers" still touched down first.

Anyway....you all are always free to use my design. Theres a layout with measurements in the floorboard set in my photo link below.....

·
Glenn C.
1,628 Posts
i also used 3/8 aluminum.... but good job on the work with those... GLWS

u should also COUNTERSINK those holes for flathead bolts..

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to have that done before any ship out. I've been sitting on the. For a couple of weeks & figured it was time to post & see if there's interest.

If nothing happens, I'll Finnish them off & away to eBay they go.

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Hey, If nothing else hang in there until spring when all the sleepers wake up and want to Doll up the rides!!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Question, If the standard foot peg is designed for the arch of the shoe/boot to rest on it, does the floorboard sitting with the main body pertruding behind the peg stud not shift the foot back under the drivers body more so. Has anyone made a set to more further forward of the peg stud for you legs to stretch out more?

·
Super Moderator
11,934 Posts
Question, If the standard foot peg is designed for the arch of the shoe/boot to rest on it, does the floorboard sitting with the main body pertruding behind the peg stud not shift the foot back under the drivers body more so. Has anyone made a set to more further forward of the peg stud for you legs to stretch out more?
Yes, and those would be called "foreward controls".;) if you moved the floorboard more foreward.....you'd no longer be able to place your toe under the shift lever to shift the bike.

If you also extend the shift lever so you in fact can, you have in essence made a set of "foreward controls"

(The same issues and problems would hold for the brake lever too)

If you just want to move your feet more foreward but will just move them back to the stock location to shift and brake..... Then you have made a set of "highway" pegs (or boards).

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, what KM said.
Be it as it may, you can adjust the shift lever to accommodate your foot but the brake pedal is not adjustable to rider position as it is to operation. Taking up the slack.

With that said, I have floorboards on mine & love the extra stability under my foot.
It feels very natural.

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
I used KM's layout, but went with aluminum diamond plate....

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
KnifeMaker: The shape of mine having the back taper was there to avoid the having the board touch when leaned over. On mine the stock footpeg "feelers" still touched down first.
Great thoughtful design !

:smiley_th

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Absolutely love mine, will not go back to stock pegs!! Bike to me feels totally different, 5 nin install too!

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
Sorry my bad, meant 5 minute install!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts