Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be way off on this, but there seems to be a need for luggage racks around here. :)

I had some time in the ol' garage tonight, so I whipped up a mock up. I did it freehand so it ended up a little longer and slimmer than stock. Still a little rough, but it has potential.

Would anyone be interested in something like this?

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,735 Posts
looks good to me! just paint it and ship it! lol

how's the seat fit with it on?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I don't need one, but my brother might. Please keep me in the loop.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'm interested but concerned about ability to hold weight without the two upright supports as well as the base plate supports

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I have to say you have a nice rack there, I'd like to get my hands on one like that! Well done.
Bronson

·
Member? ... check.
536 Posts
Nice prototype kc. I would have interest. It will need the upright supports (easy right?).
After the rack flares out behind the backrest, it could even be a little wider than OEM.

I am going to subscribe to this thread ... anticipating a purchase!

·
Registered
555 Posts
paint it and ship it I agree. good work.

·
Senior Lurker
509 Posts
I agree that the upright support tabs will be needed for increased stability and durability.

Overall your project looks great so far. :smiley_th

-Sloppy

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
Nice job. With a little refinement you will probably have a winner. I suspect, though, that it will cost more to produce than you can get for them. Never know until you try, though, right?

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The seat fits good, I do need to do a little tweaking to make sure the tool box goes in ok, it's kind of a tight squeeze even with the stock rack. The side supports shouldn't be too hard, it was just getting pretty late last night!

I am planning on building a jig this weekend to cut down on the time it takes to bend up. If I can cut the hours put in, I think it could be cost efficient. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

·
Registered
116 Posts
geat job. paint and ship. I think you could have the statof a great online business

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Sand it, prime it, paint it and ship it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice job. If you get some tabs on there to bolt to the uprights I'd be interested. No need to paint it for me, I can take care of that myself. What do you project your sales price to be for one of these?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm interested as well with the tabs for added support. I haven't seen anyone say it yet, however, I'm willing to pay $100 + S&H for one.

·
Young Gun
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the comments guys! I'll have to see how much it's gonna take to whip up a few of these.

·
Registered
363 Posts
good job, i was thinking of doingsomething like that myself , i work at a steel plate fab shop. yours looks good, and if the price is right i might take one myself. let know how much and i bet you make some profit on this project.

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Looks like it'll be a good market. I'm definitely looking for something like that. If it can hold some decent weight, I'll take one for absolutely sure.
Now............. since you like fabricating, how about trying your hand also at turn signal relocation brackets???

1 - 20 of 108 Posts