Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my V&H Cruzers installed and DAMN!!!!!! They sound SOOOOOO good
But.. As The Knights Who Say Ni so beautifully put...
There is ONE SMALL PROBLEM!!!
I have the F&S Engine Guard. I was not able to put on the right pipe with the guard on, so I removed it, installed the pipe and now i don't think I can get it back on.
Does any one else have this issue?? Will the two fit with one another? Is there a trick to getting it on or am I just missing something.
Or will they just not work together

Any help and pics with your setup would help

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to fill everyone in, since I seemed to have stumped the forum...
The Cruzers and the F&S Engine Guard WILL fit.
Its a pain n the bo-hunkus but it will fit

·
Registered
5 Posts
V&H Exhaust

I received my new V&H exhaust yesterday and installed them today. Sound good but seem to have excessive backfiring. Have not touched the carbs or the air intakes.

I know I will need to deal with the jets for optimum performance per posts on this forum and on the V&H documentation.

Have you had the same concern? Have you adjusted the jet settings or replaced stock with larger ones?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check the air mix screw and back it out some. Mine was really lean and I backed mine out a GOOD 4 turns on my stock exhaust to get rid of the popping. I turned it back in afterthe cruzers were put on and just have a bit of backfire from the right side.. just gotta find the right mix

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
I received my new V&H exhaust yesterday and installed them today. Sound good but seem to have excessive backfiring. Have not touched the carbs or the air intakes.

I know I will need to deal with the jets for optimum performance per posts on this forum and on the V&H documentation.

Have you had the same concern? Have you adjusted the jet settings or replaced stock with larger ones?
Prob won't have to touch jets, but you'll want to back your AF screws out to 2 1/2 and start from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts