Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a letter in the mail yesterday that my credit card information had been stolen from Revzilla.com and some other website (motorcycle related). JUST FYI. Now I need to get a new card. May have to start using a pre-paid card online.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I asked revzilla on their facebook page if they will be paying for life lock or something and why my card number was even stored on their website. They keep deleting my posts.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
Interesting....

Back in June, I bought a tire for a friend from BikeBandit and someone ordered a set of pipes from them using my card number. I haven't seen the bill yet to work through the details. Just found out about it last week.

Seems to be going around.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting....

Back in June, I bought a tire for a friend from BikeBandit and someone ordered a set of pipes from them using my card number. I haven't seen the bill yet to work through the details. Just found out about it last week.

Seems to be going around.
The accounting manager just got back to me and said the cards were stolen LAST June 2012. I didn't know they existed until June of this year. I left the letter at home and will send him a copy of what I received. If my card number was stolen I'm going to get them to give me lifelock or something for a year. They have a giant page saying they are protected.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
I'm curious if the other website you mentioned is the same one I used.

·
Glenn C.
1,627 Posts
I use paypal..and only keep so much money in there...and have it tied to my business account which also only has a little in there.
I keep no more than $200 in my paypal and only $350 in my business account.

I have had my paypal account hacked once...and paypal caught it and froze the account until i called them and fixed stuff.
Someone tried adding a bank account to my account and that new bank account was to a bank over in India..
Paypal fixed and resolved it...and that was 2 yrs ago and havent had any issues since

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
Not every company or Ebay seller lets you pay with PayPal though, and some Ebayers despise it with a passion.

Never had any trouble with PayPal, but this is the second time having credit card problems like this. First time around someone just opened a new card in my name. They did have some nice gifts sent to me, had to keep the ones that couldn't be returned.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not every company or Ebay seller lets you pay with PayPal though, and some Ebayers despise it with a passion.

Never had any trouble with PayPal, but this is the second time having credit card problems like this. First time around someone just opened a new card in my name. They did have some nice gifts sent to me, had to keep the ones that couldn't be returned.
I used to use a Walmart VISA but refilling it is a pain cause you can't refil it with your credit/debit card online.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
QUOTE]

hmmm...and you wonder why? Those are the sellers i avoid.

Paypal is the one of the most secure ways of doing business over the internet. If an online store/seller doesn't accept PayPal, then I find one that does.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts
Which other website?

I'm curious if the other website you mentioned is the same one I used. Re-posting that because I'm still curious.

QUOTE]

hmmm...and you wonder why? Those are the sellers i avoid.

Paypal is the one of the most secure ways of doing business over the internet. If an online store/seller doesn't accept PayPal, then I find one that does.
Not everyone has nefarious reasons for avoiding PayPal. I get some very good deals from a reputable company which chooses to deal without PayPal. I'd be missing out big time if I avoided them because of their payment method.

·
Glenn C.
1,627 Posts
Doesnt paypal offer an actual card...thats powered by Visa and should be accepted everywhere Visa is???

It would be processed just like a visa card or debit card and the seller would never know its paypal.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Doesnt paypal offer an actual card...thats powered by Visa and should be accepted everywhere Visa is???

It would be processed just like a visa card or debit card and the seller would never know its paypal.
they had a credit card through citi and a debit card that was attached to your business account

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got a letter in the mail yesterday that my credit card information had been stolen from Revzilla.com and some other website (motorcycle related). JUST FYI. Now I need to get a new card. May have to start using a pre-paid card online.
Wow man, Sorry to hear about this.. I know some cards have zero liability for internet purchases. Discover also gives you a one time number to use.

·
Registered
7,650 Posts

You can also buy prepaid Paypal cards at the grocery stores, but I still couldn't use them just anywhere.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I made a huge error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WAS NOT REVZILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was PartZilla who have NOTHING to do with RevZilla! My apologies to REVZILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts