Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was getting around to making Mcct's out of the Acct's using the ideas i've seen on here which look awesome. I decided before I start to see if I could get the front acct to tighten any while it was running. Lo and behold when I loosened the bolt in the end just a smidge the clacking stopped. I tried grinding off the end of the bolt a little and put it back in but when I tightened it the clacking came back.I backed off just a little bit and it went away again! Rode about 50 miles today and it's the first time since I rebuilt the engine that i've had a quiet ride. Just thought I would throw this out there in case it might help someone else.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Did this resolve your Cam Chain tick?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Did you loosen the bolt while the engine was running? Surely you couldn't leave it loose or it would vibrate out after a short time. Interested in knowing exactly how you proceeded. Make one wonder if using a longer bolt with a lock nut on that would allow you to back it off and tighten the nut would do the trick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got about 400 miles on my engine since I rebuilt the top end. The clacking has been driving me nuts. Was pretty much leaning toward MCCTs, but you've given me some hope. Gotta play with it some tomorrow, see if I can duplicate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts