Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. i am in the process of coastering my bike and have a question about the crank vent. where the heck is it?? i looked all over the front cylinder and nothing there. no hose/fitting or anything. i know that there should be one but WTF, nothing. could someone post a pic of the fitting/hose location please. i dont want to seal up my motor and let it self vent. thanks, hoodrat

·
Registered
572 Posts
the crankcase vent is dun when u do the ear shave mod... not the coastering mod

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bike came with pods air filters from the previous owner but no smog plumbing. just open reed valves, so i want to coaster them. that pic is ok but still cant tell where it enters the cylinder. if i am looking at the front jug there is a boss(?) just to the right of the exhaust. could that be it? seems to be plugged. thanks, hr

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
I think this may be what you're referring to - it's a hose linking the airbox to the front cylinder. It's only sorta part of your smog plumbing, in the sense that there's a hose from the airbox to the emissions canister, and hoses from the canister to the reed valve covers. So, fresh air to the combustion chamber. Jon Landau (93VN750) did both the ear shave and coastering - you might post him a pm and see how he dealt with that particular vent.

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
That's a good pic, Jason. Hoodrat, transfer that black hose coming up to the right of the manifold to my pic, where the hose is coming up (from the right of the manifold) to the airbox. I'm guessing in Oglejust's pic, the hose is now hooked up to a pod?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats the one. i shot some carb cleaner in the front cylinder to clean off the gunk and thats what is there BUT with a small brass cap in it. i assume the old owner did that. i will run a hose and small breather on it. thanks for all the help. hoodrat

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts

In this pic I am trying to show the hose that goes to the air box from the valve under the seat. Remove the valve plug hose.

Here the small hose that activates the air valve with intake manifold vaccuum has to be removed and the hole to carb has to be plugged.
I hope this helps you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts