Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reading the forum for a few weeks now and am taking in all the information on the site, its been very helpful. I just bought a 1999 vulcan 750about a month ago. Unfortunately my bike has to sit outside so I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on a good cover for these bikes.

Also since its outside I thought I should get a lock for it. Any suggestions on those too? I was looking at the xena disc locks w/ alarm on them would suffice. I was thinking about a getting a chain/lock, but I don't really have a good place to chain the bike to something stationary.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Doug -

Welcome to the club.

The cover is a great idea. Do you homework and get a good one.

If you do not have something to secure the bike to, probably not worth locking as it gets picked up and taken. Then cut off elsewhere.

Jon

·
Registered
87 Posts
www.thebikebarn.net. A little on the pricey side but I've had mine for a couple of years now. Still works like the day I got it. :-D

·
Registered
80 Posts
CycleShell

CycleShell is definitely what I strongly recommend. It's a more refined and elaborate cousin to Bike Barn and, as i had chance to compare them (I own Shell, friend owns Barn), I must say that there's a number of advantages to Shell, main of which is baseplate - Cycleshell has a full footprint baseplate that makes the setup more stable, keeps bike off the wet / soft ground, and makes collapsing / storing easier. Also, it's my impression that CycleShell's ventilation works better than BikeBarn's - unlike my friend, I never find 'dew' on my bike in summer, which apparently happens relatively frequently to him. With price being virtually same / Shell being slightly cheaper, I'd say... go for it :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts