Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you old enough to have watched The Brady Bunch will understand the Cousin Oliver reference. I often feel like the Vulcan 750 is the cousin Oliver of the Kaw line... can't deny it's there, but not completely welcome. Don't get me wrong. I love my 750, but I'm referring to the frustration I feel every time I search for accessories. I find an interesting item only to see fine print essentialy telling me "this item fits every Vulcan model ever made... except the 750." For a bike that was in production for as long as the 750, and in virtually unchanged form, why aren't there more accessories available?

·
Registered
476 Posts
well it looks like someone got over looked LOL!

You ask a question that has no real definative answer to. The 750 is really just a beginners v-twin so it's the bigger bikes that will have the most custom parts for. The 500 was for the kids to have a cruiser to ride and look cool for their friends and some were made for it. Maw Kaw did make some for ours but felt is was to mundane (I think thats the word for it) to produce alot for it. They may have felt it was a dead end to keep up. :dead_hors

But Hey... you've still got your imagination don't ya?????? :rockon:

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I hear ya, and I remember Olie too-LOL

My last couple bikes have been like this, and I've been thinking next time I'm ready to buy one, I'm gonna find the online gathering place, learn the common problems, then surf the web for parts and accessories before I buy the bike. ;)

So it goes owning something unique; even though there were a whole lot of them made, still it seems a bit unique.

We just need to be a little more creative is all, which could actually open the door for more stuff, on an individual basis. :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I love my 750. Never liked Oliver, though. He was even more annoying than Cindy.
He "Was" wasn't he??!!! LMAO!!!!!

·
Benjammin'
421 Posts
I hear ya on the accessories. But it really came down to this for me...

The appearance and style of the bike is what caught my attention when I started my bike search (I liked the 80's cruiser look). 'Bling' would only add cost to the unique design of our bikes. Surprisingly, when I have ridden with other bikes and we stopped, my bike still gathered as much attention as the Hardleys and others.

I wonder if the dressing up of all the other bikes hasn't made them all start to look alike and we still stand out??? :rockon:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I totally agree with you, there. Granted, I have only owned mine for 2 weeks now, but I am already torn on whether I should customize a litte here and there, or keep all original.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thats the thing with these.. you can add a few little things to it and it will look just as nice as the big boys.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I hear ya on the accessories. But it really came down to this for me... The appearance and style of the bike is what caught my attention when I started my bike search (I liked the 80's cruiser look). 'Bling' would only add cost to the unique design of our bikes. Surprisingly, when I have ridden with other bikes and we stopped, my bike still gathered as much attention as the Hardleys and others. I wonder if the dressing up of all the other bikes hasn't made them all start to look alike and we still stand out??? :rockon:
I agree 100%, I only put something on mine that I think will more or less have a useful function...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
305 Posts
PUT THINGS ON???!!! :wow: :doh:

I'm more of the take it off kinda guy. If it doesn't need to be on it, ( for legal, safety, or performance) it has no business being there. :smiley_th
But thats just my thing not neccesarily any one elses. :)

as for the lack of aftermarket parts, I really noticed that in the engine and driveline departments. There seems to be a bunch of dress up doodads around but nothing decent, except maybe the rad covers ( i gotta get one of those). There are a few different exhausts available, but not many.

I'll make what parts I can, and adapt others to work.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Aftermarket engine performance parts would be freakin sweet. Who's got some extra loot and time to get the ball rolling? LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts