Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I said in my last post, I was out riding yesterday. (And man, was it great!)

Got a couple more questions.

1) What kind of range are you all getting from a full tank of gas? I think I hit about 150 or 175 before I had to go to reserve.

2) I'm having problems with mirror vibration. I have these rectangular mirrors, and at highway speed, they vibrate. Is there a way to dampen this vibration like by putting some kind of robber washer at the base of the stem the mirror sits on? Also, how do you adjust your mirrors? I've tried setting the left one so I can see a lane over, sort of like I have in the car to cover the blind spot, and the right one looks straight back over my shoulder.

Thanks,
--Storm

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
MPG is a varable, When I have my large windsheld I get 130 to a tank before reserve, with my small sheld I Get 145.
The Mirrors, are they stock? Might be getting old and the rubber is wearing out, May need replacing.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I get about that mileage. I'd say it sounds like the bike is running pretty good going by your reported 150-175 mi. per tank.

As for the mirrors, I've switched to a set of Honda rectangular ones, and they too vibrate. I've just gotten used to it.
I don't think a rubber washer would help much, but a cheap thing to try anyhow.
You could also try a set of THESE. (not sure what the US dollar amount would convert to)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I get 50 MPG consistently.
I have a pair of Kuryakyn rectangular mirrors. These are nice mirrors and do not vibrate. The only problem is, they are flat mirrors as opposed to convex mirrors so I am going to replace them soon. I do not recommend flat mirrors!

·
Registered
77 Posts
The stock mirrors are round and slightly concave (I think) and they don't vibrate.
The discussion about mileage is endless. If it really bothers someone then service the engine, get the carbs balanced, fit new spark plugs and pump up the tyres. The rest seems to depend on how fast you go. At that kind of mileage you are probably doing 50-60mph. Well, good luck but personally it wouldn't give me a sense of achievement. Its not worth worth changing up to 5th below 70 mph, and in 5th the bike is still just walking at 80. If you are happy at 50-60mph why not get a Virago 535 and do even more miles.
Simon

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
At that rate, cruising at 80+, why not just get a crotch rocket? It'll last longer since it's designed to rev high and go fast. The Vulcan will do it but at the expense of longevity.

·
Registered
77 Posts
AT 80 the engine is doing about 5500 revs - its barely doing 6000 at 90. This is comfortably in the mid range of the bike - the red line is at 8500 after all. Its not working hard and it'll go forever at that.
Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts