Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well die like to start work this I just bought my first bike it's a 92Vulcan 50 and I changed the battery and it sounds healthy as can be but when I rev it my headlight gets brighter and dims back at idle so it puzzled me because all I know is 70s dirtbike with only kickstart and no electronic other than. But anyway I pulled the regulator and tested it and ave two burnt dioedes. and the plastic pulls was a little black. and need to rebuild three of tithe six plugs and need to know if it's possible to pull it part and also I tested stator and . reading about. 7 ohms. and doesn't ground, is it till good? Because I can't afford to change in mod it right now due to just buying the Damn thing. So all and 'll I could use a little hel also he put neons on it and cut into the wiring and pulled the rotten turn signals on the front and the horn as well so I'm guessing I also might have a drain because there's more hanging wires hanging by the headlight than is connected. So I would like to close or delete the old wires, it has the back signals still. But if anyone has diagram it will help or if anyone knows a good way to clean it up cause I don't know much bout wiring and don't want to cut something important, hope I don't draw anyone off it love this site and think if I have any chance to fix it this site would be it.d

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm sorry to everyone my phone lags and couldn't spell check. I hope people can help me out springs almost here

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Dimming sounds like a stator, but maybe not. Check the stator postings. They tell you the amount of volts needed across the battery terminals when running. 14.5v I think. And get that spell checker working...lol

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,080 Posts
Most bikes dim at idle and don't really charge till about 3grand

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
on a stock electrical system, 2500-3000 is about where it starts to charge. Modified systems can charge at idle, depending on modifications done. One of the best is a MOSFET rectifier/regulator, they run cooler, and are more efficient, allowing even a system with the stock stator to charge at lower speeds.

Also, the wiring in the charging system is horribly small. upgrading the wiring when repairing it is a definite +

·
Registered
269 Posts
My '93 750 is producing 14.2 at idle 14.3 at 3K with stock stator. A different upgrade that MOSFET though. Also I found my head lights don't dim when running high beams and brake lights at idle, coming to a stop sign.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i have a 94 750 thats all stock as far as the wiring goes and it does the same thing and i dont have any problem with charging at all it starts to charge right around 2800 rpm on mine

1 - 7 of 7 Posts