Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Sorry, I am travelling and can't get the measurements for you - I would otherwise. But sounds like you've got some frame mods in mind. Just curious what you might be up to! :rockon:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice bike dude...

I read through your progress thread...Im definetly moving toward that hardtail, spring seat mod....

but for now, I have a Vulcan front wheel and a stock ZN700 wheel in the back
Ive got to change the rear and want a Vulcan to match, Ill need to ditch my disc brake and use the drum...hence the vulcan swingarm...I hope its a bolt in swap...otherwise Ill just fab the stuff I need to change it.

Im sort of hoping the vulcan swing arm is a shade longer as my wheel seems too far forward, an inch or two would make a big difference in look. My bike has a narrow 16 inch wheel and will look good with that fatter 15 on it also.

Hey while your measuring, could you give me an axle width also? outside to outside is fine.

I know our bikes share the same diff...but I dont know if the swing arm may be wider overall.

Peace and thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Pivot to axle 19 3/8"

Swing arm width at pivot 12"

Since I just came in from taking those measurements and see you've posted asking for the axle width, I'll save that for somebody else cause of all the snow and **** I have to trudge though (again) to get out there. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bike is 18 1/2 here...which if this is 19 3/8 on yours will give me a little rearward movement...good thing. But that will mean I need a driveshat also.

Heres a quick diagram to help with numbers I need (if anyone has a arm thats off the bike) Well call them Length / Front / Rear
The overall rear axle length will still be helpful, just not biblical...but I wasnt sure if anyone had a torn down bike laying around.
I appreciate your help Doug...I know I had a tough time measuring the front on the bike...mine looks 12...but a verify on a loose arm would be great.

Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
I checked with other members here who I thought would have loose swing arms for easier measure and got 11.5" width at the pivot point. (Thanks AJ and Cindy)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts