Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 that sat up for a few years. (Oustside, yet!) The area at the top of the tach and speedometer is pitted pretty bad. I have looked but cannot seem to find just this trim ring or whatever it would be called. I also cannot figure out how to take this trim off and maybe just paint it.
Any suggestions?

BTW, the bike supposedly only has 2900 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
There are several posts here on refinishing the rings. They are not removable. The easiest thing to do is sand them down to remove the rust. Mask and paint with a self etching primer and then paint the color of your choice. Most here use black but some have used other colors.

·
Registered
881 Posts
im getting ready to paint mine satin black (gotta' stop riding the bike first). thanks for the tip on the self etching primer. there are pics of them painted on the yahoo site.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
mine are still rust free, thank god. I seen a vn in town a couple months ago and his were completely rusted all the way around. lots of turtle wax on mine and for all the black plastic that is fading I use used motor oil, work it in with a toothbrush and let it set a few minutes and then wipe the excess off. works very well on radiator cover, black part on the ears, radiator reservoir and the plastic on the turn signals, the right center of the rear wheel and swingarm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts