Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I’m looking for anyone in the area of Evansville Indiana that has a vn750 and would want to meet to swap bike maintenance ideas, etc.

Also, I’ve always had issues with finding correct boxed end wrench for engine oil nut. Advise here? It’s not rounded too bad but I don’t want it to get worse. Wouldn’t mind finding another one in good shape. And I’ve been using Delta Faucet O-rings as new oil nut gaskets. Anyone else do that?

John

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Is it 17mm? I know the side drain is, forget also on the bottom one. Six point socket is the way to go, much less chance of rounding it off.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is it 17mm? I know the side drain is, forget also on the bottom one. Six point socket is the way to go, much less chance of rounding it off.
Agree with Spockster - It's supposed to be a 17mm. However, mine was rounded enough to where the 16mm fit tighter with a 12 point socket. I know it sounds strange, but a 6 point would not go on without a sever beating, but the 12 point slid half way onto bolt head. I gently tapped it all the way on, and broke bolt free. It fit tightly enough, that I had to tap it back and forth to get it to come off, and not further mess up head of bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts