Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
One of my friends kept crashing his bikes. He was always crashing to the outside of the turns. He asked me what could be wrong with the bike that it wouldn't turn. Well it had already been down at least twice, so it felt bent when I rode it.

Got him to explain the most recent two crashes. In both cases he was steering into the turn (like you would a car), not counter-steering. He said he was turning the bars into the turn as hard as he could. I said right there is your problem, you have to turn right to go left. He says Huh? No way! He finally stopped riding.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I figured I’ll post to I’m 77 years young and when I ride and go slow in turns I always have some issues with all the accessories in the top case and the saddlebags. I have no doubt that I have added at least hundred to 125 pounds to the bike, I’m 6 foot tall head,I weigh 212 so I’m probably max so when I turn I turn there is more weight then stock bike and me I also in the last couple of years since I retired have lost muscle mass and I no longer have the strength I used to have . I’m very much aware of my new limitations. I only ride on a Sunday when the weather is good in daylight never alone and practice emergency stops and turning in a parking lot before I begin the ride my reflexes are still good. My judgment is good, but the people that they are in the cages, they don’t care how old I am I break no matter what I will say that I have a super fork brace on the front and I have progressive for 440 heavy duty shocks in the rear and progressive springs in the front running 15 weight oil . Those additions to bike handle much better I’m running metzlers and the front tire is 110 metzler . Any other old coots like me still Riding . The older forum had aged out the new version I think is younger riders
Well young man, I am 80 and still hope the winter weather here in the Middle of the Mitten holds off so I can get in at least one more ride before snow flies.

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
Well young man, I am 80 and still hope the winter weather here in the Middle of the Mitten holds off so I can get in at least one more ride before snow flies.
I always kept mine ready in the winter because we can get some decent days through the season. One December I rode in 70° temps, and the next day or two it was snowing and -10°. Then we usually have a January thaw, so it's never quite over until February.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts