Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corbin seat, came with my Kawasaki 2005 Vulcan VN750 - Mint, the bike only has 9k on it and he said he had *just* bought the seat to help his back but no dice, he had to stop riding altogether...
"www.corbin.com/kawasaki/8696vulcan.shtml" - Sans stitching
I'm in michigan, unsure of shipping, but I'm not padding the cost.
New, before shipping, with backrest is $752
Selling for $550

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
No offence, but that price is ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Corbin Dual Tour

It is a nice looking and for me a comfortable seat. Of course you want to recover as much of the cost as possible. Anyone else wants to buy it for as little as possible. So let's see where this goes. My guess is you will have to give a little, but with luck you will find a buyer.
M
Good luck

Mcneuby :)

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
It is a nice looking and for me a comfortable seat. Of course you want to recover as much of the cost as possible. Anyone else wants to buy it for as little as possible. So let's see where this goes. My guess is you will have to give a little, but with luck you will find a buyer.
M
Good luck

Mcneuby :)
Any seat over $350 and the buyer is throwing money away. Corbins aren't exactly comfortable. A Mustang or even Saddleman will be better. I've had all 3!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not an unreasonable man...
Consider this though, the back rest is $259 alone.
I apologize for incurring such rage, however, i would ask you to consider me a person and not a screen name... And most certainly not a scumbag scheister.
Please afford me the courtesy you would extend a peer.
McNubey, thank you.
I am willing to consider trade, I'm selling this to buy a lowering kit.

·
Super Moderator
11,931 Posts
I actually think the Corbin seat is far more comfortable than a Mustang or Saddleman.
Corbin's are not cheap. Yes, the backrest is around $250 alone, but any seat, once you put it on the bike, is considered used. As you seem to have said the bike came with the seat, you personally didn't buy it for the $752.00.

I sold my "used" Corbin for $250....with backrest. If it is still "new" ...meaning no ones sat on it very long. $300-$350 be a fairer price.IMHO.

Photos would help.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
There is nothing wrong with you pricing it any way you want. We are all a bunch of hagglers here though. I understand it is a starting price,so look around on ebay and see what they have actually been selling for there and you will get an Idea of what you are likely to get for it.

Give the man a break, he priced it high. So what? I price everything high so have a lot of wiggle room when selling publicly. All anyone has done so far is whine about the price. Make him an offer he might surprise you :)

·
Super Moderator
11,931 Posts
He can ask whatever he wants for it, but as he's doing on this Forum, any of us can state their opinion over it if they want.
First and only post, no photo of the seat, no real proof it's "brand new" other the word of the guy that sold him the bike....kinda expect anyone here to have a few questions.
He of course has the right not to listen to our opinions....but if several folks think the price is a bit high they get to say that without being called whiners...

·
Registered
509 Posts
The Corbin Seat

A couple years ago I sold a Corbin Seat with the back rest on E Bay. It was a couple years old, but looked new. It hadn't been setting in the sun and fading. I didn't sell it as new, just well taken care of.
I got $500 for it. I was really happy with that. I even got positive feed back. I'm not sure what this one is worth but time will tell. A person has to start high, who knows he might get it.

Mcneuby

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
He can ask whatever he wants for it, but as he's doing on this Forum, any of us can state their opinion over it if they want.
First and only post, no photo of the seat, no real proof it's "brand new" other the word of the guy that sold him the bike....kinda expect anyone here to have a few questions.
He of course has the right not to listen to our opinions....but if several folks think the price is a bit high they get to say that without being called whiners...
The thing is whiner may have been the wrong word but this guy just got here and doesn't know anyone ,so why would he throw out the ol'buddy price first thing. He doesn't know how we pick at each other and hack back and forth on each other.

As you well know, photos can't be posted until a minimum number of posts have been made. All I am saying is give a little leeway to a noob, till they get the feel for the forum and it's membership. Some of you all that stated your opinions a bit harshly. But us older members expect no less. We've seen it all before. Questions can and should be asked but if I were him ,I wouldn't care if I ever came back to this site.

Did either of you that stated your opinions on his price have any intentions of even buying it? If you didn't why is the price even an issue? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
11,931 Posts
Did either of you that stated your opinions on his price have any intentions of even buying it? If you didn't why is the price even an issue? :confused:
Not an issue to me.... But I believe that at least my intention was to let him know he likely is not going to sell it for that price....here....he didn't say "or best offer" This isn't ebay.

I realize some posts were a bit harsh, but again I was just trying to help the guy out. And you can host a photo at a different site and post the link here if you're new can't you?

My appologies to dprider if you were offended by my comments..

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Not an issue to me.... But I believe that at least my intention was to let him know he likely is not going to sell it for that price....here....he didn't say "or best offer" This isn't ebay.

I realize some posts were a bit harsh, but again I was just trying to help the guy out. And you can host a photo at a different site and post the link here if you're new can't you?

My appologies to dprider if you were offended by my comments..
I think you can do that and provide a link although I am not sure. I really don't think anyone was trying to be offensive although like you said some sounded a little harsh. It's all good. Just another day on the www.

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
We're just a little rough around the edges. No hard feelings meant from anyone I'm sure.

·
2,526 Posts
I don't have a problem with trying to sell a seat, the problem is the original post is for selling the seat. No posts in member introductions, and just comes on to sell a seat on his first post. Do you still even have the bike or are you just here for a quick sale. There's a lot to offer here if you need help, other than selling stuff. If you plan on sticking around then welcome, if you're just here to sell then see ya.

·
Super Moderator
1,021 Posts
Agree with shark, not good form for your first post to sell things. We get a few who think this is e-bay. It's not. It's a community. One you have to ease into. You sound like your keeping the bike, so this is a valuable resource for you. Come on in. Kick the tires. Get to know a few of us.
You'll be glad you did.
Welcome.:motorcycl

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
the problem is the original post is for selling the seat.
Not picking on shark88 here, he just summed the apparent collective distaste.

I do not get it. If there is no perceived benefit to buyer and seller, there is no sale.

Is there a cost for current members to just read a post? Does membership tenure entitle imposition of will, on a free forum?

I personally do not care if somebody wants to sell a seat, new member or not. Do not care if they want $10k for it.

JMO.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Not picking on shark88 here, he just summed the apparent collective distaste.

I do not get it. If there is no perceived benefit to buyer and seller, there is no sale.

Is there a cost for current members to just read a post? Does membership tenure entitle imposition of will, on a free forum?

I personally do not care if somebody wants to sell a seat, new member or not. Do not care if they want $10k for it.

JMO.
Shark88 is dead on. A new member comes here and instead of posting something about himself, he dives into a for sale post. As for being a free site.........somebody is paying for it.
theres no such thing as a free lunch.

·
Banned
2,190 Posts
.......somebody is paying for it.
theres no such thing as a free lunch.
Yes, this site is supported though advertizing. The owners will not have a problem if a 100,000 people come here to sell only.

edit-why do you care, what personal harm have you incurred?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts