Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got home today. Shut off bike. Instead of hearing the nice 15 second whoosh of air circulating from the cooling fan, I hear a buzzing sound that wouldn't stop. Detached neg batt cable; buzzing stopped. Checked the cooling fan and realized the white fan blade assembly not spinning when I reconnected neg batt cable. Motor working fine; blade not rotating, just loose and lots of free play. What I need to know is: 1) Is there a way to reattach it (some box fans have a blade assembly with a set screw holding it to the motor shaft. 2) If not, does anyone have one they can sell me. 3) If not, where's the best place (by that I mean CHEAPEST place) to obtain one.

Any help is surely appreciated.

Thanks

-jim :drool:

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
There are replacementaluminum fans. I am considering a pair of them.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! quick response

There are replacementaluminum fans. I am considering a pair of them.
thtanner - That looks like just a fan blade, I am correct? Will that attach to the motor (or does a motor come with it?)

Thanks brother!

-jim :smiley_th

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bought metal fan blade assy on ebay. Does the plastic blade assy attach to the fan motor with a set screw as well? It may have just come loose. Contemplating a temporary fix until my order arrives, but hate to dissemble bike just to find that it doesn't attach in a similar fashion. Still able to use bike in a.m. on short trips.

Thanks again

-jim

·
romeobravo172
842 Posts
The fan attaches with 3 philip screws, the actual part that turns is totally flat held on by a spring clip with 3 washers under it. The elect motor is fairly sizeable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
the same thing happened to mine recently. I just took the fan motor off of the radiatior and used gorilla glue epoxy. I epoxied the plastic fan to the metal plate, let everything dry and reattached the metal plate to the fan motor. its still holding great and working good as new. It was a cheap band aid fix, a new fan would last longer but this is whats working good for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts