Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

Cooling fan assembly broken (how to remove)

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  WilliamTech 
#1 ·
Hey guys, my cooling fan assembly seems to have broken away from the housing.( The the bolts that hold it on are still in) It seems as tho to remove the fan, the crash bar, right side muffler needs to be removed? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something or making it more difficult than it is. Thanks in advance!!
:beerchug:

#2 ·
Will prob have to remove crash bar, but not exaust, fan asbly comes off with rad, very easy!

#6 · (Edited)
iirc...... read where a few peeps only loosened header pipe bolts in order to install / remove crash bar ( maybe attempting to save the doughnut/header gasket ?),
but to me, it did not sound like it was worth the frustration & (extra?) time 'mucking' with that method.

hth

:smiley_th

#7 ·
been there...done that!

replace the crush gasket on the header....trust me!

there was a metal replacement fan available at one time....to replace the plastic fan that comes off the hub. I can't seem to find the link right now.

#8 ·
been there...done that!

replace the crush gasket on the header....trust me!

there was a metal replacement fan available at one time....to replace the plastic fan that comes off the hub. I can't seem to find the link right now.
http://muzzys.com/fans.html

:smiley_th

'86 VN750 13,700 mi -Stock
-Purchased 2008 w/8800mi
Replaced ALL Cables . Kuryakyn LED Voltmeter
SilverStar Ultra 9003/HB2 H4 Headlamp, Jardine Fwd Controls,
Iridiums DPR7EIX-9 & Wires, Tuxedo Mod, Coil Mod, P/U Sensor Mod, Fork Seals,
Splines Lubed - 11/4/2012 - MF AGM Battery
Additional Flashing LED Brake Light on Trunk
Dampers went out @ 13+K !
After TOC MCCT's..... so amazingly quiet I discovered a rattling heat shield on my stock exhaust !
...have a vulcan good day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.