Hi all,
I have just joined this site. I have a 2002 VN750. I want to change the
liquid coolant. I cannot seem to find a drain plug of any sort. Anyone
out there who can give a clue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
step 1, place bike on center stand. [2] remove the steering head right hand cover. [3] place clean drain pan under right hand crankcase. [4] remove the main drain bolt and gasket on the right hand crank case. [this is located in front of oil drain on bottom of crank case. [5] remove the radiator drain bolt, and gasket. this is located on right front of radiator above oil filter. [6] turn radiator cap counter clock wise to first stop.push down on cap and turn further ccw. and remove cap. [7] and [8] ther is two drain plugs, on the cylinders one on frt cyl one on rear cyl. as a reference point, frt cyl. above brake pedal is a small hex bolt 8mm or 10mm. remove this. on rear cyl. above the oil fill will be same type bolt remove this these should have gasket behind them. [ 9] remove the reservoir cap. [10] remove bolt securing the reservoir tank cover, and remove cover. [11] carefully pull the reservoir with the hoses still attached, up out of the frame. turn the reservoir upside down and drain out all coolant. reinstall the reservoir making sure the hoses are still attached and are not kinked. [13]do not install drain bolts yet. [13] take bike off center stand and tip side to side to drain any residual coolant from the cooling system. place bike back on centerstand and put it back together. good luck, hope this helps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Welcome, as you can see this is a very helpful set of folks. They are always willing to give a hand. That was really nice of eriefisherman i copied it for my own files thanks. Ride safe rubberside down. WooWoo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.