Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

My name is Han from Malaysia.

I owned a 94 vn750. I appreciate if you can give some advice or opinion regarding my problem with my bike.

As you can see in the picture, there is coolant coming out from the gasket
block.

I am planning to ride the bike for at least 250km to a mechanic to repair the problem.

Is it wise to do that? What is the worste thing that can happend?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
As long as you stop every 50 miles or so & check the water level in the radiator I don't think you will cause any more problems by riding it that distance. I am assuming that no water is getting in the oil? It would be best to check the water level at the filler neck instead of the expansion tank I reckon, don't get burned taking the cap off as it'll be fairly hot. Take some water with you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ernie said:
As long as you stop every 50 miles or so & check the water level in the radiator I don't think you will cause any more problems by riding it that distance. I am assuming that no water is getting in the oil? It would be best to check the water level at the filler neck instead of the expansion tank I reckon, don't get burned taking the cap off as it'll be fairly hot. Take some water with you.

manage to travel the distance to repair the leak.

previous mechanic did not properly tighten the screw.

that all

tq

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
You know, bad motorcycle mechanics are becoming more and more commonplace. that really has me worried. is there no licesense that they are required to get like with car mechanics? Labor costs are about the same $90/hr. why cant we rquire they have the same skill levels. Sorry but not tightening all the bolts? That is like one of the first things you learn, along with keeping them separate. What if that was an axle nut, and he forgot to put cotter pin in place? Or didnt tighten the handle bars to the correct amount? What if he forgot to reconnect the brake light harness?

Sorry for my rant.....glad your bike is ok.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I totally agree with you Hizzo3. It's the same here in the UK, labor rates can be seriously high & it's hard to know who to trust. I do all of my maintenance myself & the only time I go to a dealer is for the annual inspection, least I know things are done then. I work with a guy who took his Kawasaki GPZ1100 into a franchised dealer for a service. He picked it up afterwards & while he was riding home he noticed a rattle coming from the back end. Anyway, when he looked more closely he noticed the rear brake torque arm was loose! They had taken out the back wheel for some reason & hadn't checked everything was tight afterwards. Doesn't take much to imagine what would have happened if the torque arm had let go, could have killed the guy. When he complained to the dealer they denied all knowledge of it. Took the threat of legal action before they refunded his labor costs.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
evod510 said:
Greetings,

My name is Han from Malaysia.

I owned a 94 vn750. I appreciate if you can give some advice or opinion regarding my problem with my bike.

As you can see in the picture, there is coolant coming out from the gasket
block.

I am planning to ride the bike for at least 250km to a mechanic to repair the problem.

Is it wise to do that? What is the worste thing that can happend?

Thanks in advance
I have similar stains on mine but nothing is leaking at this time.
Looks like a flow from somewhere else.
Since mine does not leak any longer, should I be concerned?

Sorry for hijacking your thread.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
so long as your coolant and oil arent mixing, and the leak has stopped you should be fine....one way to make certain though is to clean the old stains up, and see if new ones appear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the previous owner spend alot to repair the bike,
lucky for me I spend about $150USD to repair it back.
(removing the engine, new gasket etc)

well the bike is ok now but.....

its getting real hard to start it when the engine is hot or
to cold....my mechanic suggest that i do a mod at the
coil....will update later if we manage to do it...or did anybody
actually did the mod.....?

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts