Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way back from a friends house on the meanie last night. It was after dark and I was approaching a construction zone. It had concrete barriers on both sides of the road as it entered a turn. I lean in and was caught by surprise in the blind turn by a brand new tire eater some construction equipment dug down the middle of the road. My tires went right in and jolted the bike hard. She started to wobble pretty bad, I felt the front and rear tire go out of sync. I put both feet out to the side and slowed considerably. The tire eater ended, the bike popped back up onto "normal road," and I stablized her. Not before scaring the snot out of myself. Be careful in blind turns and shave some speed before constuction zones. Whew!!! That was definitely the closest I've ever come to laying her down...

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Wow, good job keeping her upright. Unfortunately the whole southeastern section of Michigan is one big construction zone.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Watch out for when you come out of those milled parts of road construction ,coming onto new asphalt.If it is foggy, raining or damp or any way,there is just enough oil still oozing out to make it very slick. Another place that bears watching ,are areas that say "trucks entering highway" even if they are not working at the time,they will have tracked all kinds of crap onto the road which will take you by surprise ,good save :smiley_th

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Sand is our problem here in Western Texas. You come around a street corner and last nights dust storm left all that fine dust and sand piled up around the corner. Sometimes it reaches out to the middle of the street! That gets scary at times, been there. No worries though, the western winds blow most of it away by the evenings :)

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Glad you got throughout it without eating road.

It's always a wise idea to slow down through construction zones...many times illegal if you don't ....going through one at night sucks even more.

They are repaving some of the highway here... One lane at a time... So there's a good 2-1/2 inch drop/rise going from one lane to another...scary on a bike...

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
Nice job keeping the rubber side down! Glad you're ok (even if you will have to build up your snot reserves again...:)).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts