Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m rebuilding a VN750. Originally I just wanted to restore it... now I’m considering making a chopper out of it. If I were to go through with this I’d need longer fork tubes. Is there a process for getting longer fork tubes for this bike? Aren’t they air suspension? Or am I thinking of something else?

·
Registered
2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
68 Posts
So I’m rebuilding a VN750. Originally I just wanted to restore it... now I’m considering making a chopper out of it. If I were to go through with this I’d need longer fork tubes. Is there a process for getting longer fork tubes for this bike? Aren’t they air suspension? Or am I thinking of something else?
Excellent. I was wondering same thing about the fork tubes, so am interested to see what we can find out.

About the Air Suspension: Only in models A1-A4, I think that means years 1985-1988. After that, no air. I found it was easy to unscrew the top fork tube cap and check that out quickly. I am just gonna change my fork oil for now. Restoring my bike back to pure stock and then will start fun projects, but you are way more ambitious than I am (yet).

·
Registered
8,431 Posts

There's a site that sells kits, expensive though, around $2500..They also $ell longer fork tube$.

There's some posts here on the subject, and someone had a thread with triple-tree and bearing interchange info. Doc maybe?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

There's a site that sells kits, expensive though, around $2500..They also $ell longer fork tube$.

There's some posts here on the subject, and someone had a thread with triple-tree and bearing interchange info. Doc maybe?
If I do go through with the“chop” I’m not planning on frigging with the rake at all. I’d very simply put hardtail struts on the back and lower the rear end as much as possible, then put plus 6” fork tubes on it, drag pipes, apes and a carb rebuild/rejet.

I’m painfully aware of chopperkitsusa...but I’m not spending that kind of money, especially on this bike.

I would be interested, however, to see if I could put a sportster front end on this sucker, as I need a front wheel and have a spare sportster front wheel.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
I'm thinking the 750 has 38mm forks, as do certain HDs.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
The VN 750 does have 38mm forks, but the closest HD comes is 39mm, according to the charts.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,268 Posts
The VN 750 does have 38mm forks, but the closest HD comes is 39mm, according to the charts.
And early Sportsters had 35mm

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,268 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts