Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you place your hand on the throttle control, increasing throttle direction...which direction is correct?? clockwise or counter-clockwise.....mine is clockwise....isn't that backwards???

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts
It should be CCW, like you're turning the handle towards you.

Possibly throttle and return cables are switched?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so, bike is new to me...as always...you guys have come to the rescue....thanks.....thought this was something unique to the Vn750......

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
sounds like the cables are switched on the Hand grip end.....

WilliamTech

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
May be switched at the carb too...my throttle cable broke on a ride once, so I swapped the return (push) cable and just bent the holder ear some....still riding that way....
And...FYI....Ive seen some throttles specifically set up that way, mostly on customs....theory is, if you get "shot back" from severe accelleration, you automatically decrease throttle instead of increase....rode ONE bike that had that...was rough getting used to....

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
May be switched at the carb too...my throttle cable broke on a ride once, so I swapped the return (push) cable and just bent the holder ear some....still riding that way....
And...FYI....Ive seen some throttles specifically set up that way, mostly on customs....theory is, if you get "shot back" from severe accelleration, you automatically decrease throttle instead of increase....rode ONE bike that had that...was rough getting used to....
that would be a big mind f#ck to me. i rode a old harley with the shifter on the right side and brake on the left :loser1: it was odd

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Cables are swapped at the Carb.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Thing is, is that the two cables arent the same length at the carb end...the return cable is longer by about 1/4"...so to be switched, the OrigOwner would have had to bend the throttle cable tab on the carb a bit, like I had to...but is easily done with a pair of needlenose vice grips...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thing is, is that the two cables arent the same length at the carb end...the return cable is longer by about 1/4"...so to be switched, the OrigOwner would have had to bend the throttle cable tab on the carb a bit, like I had to...but is easily done with a pair of needlenose vice grips...
Could they not also have removed both cables from the support bracket on the carb and completely switched them when putting everything back together?

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Could they not also have removed both cables from the support bracket on the carb and completely switched them when putting everything back together?
Yes, that is also possible
good luck
WilliamTech:smiley_th

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Not really...the cables are 2 different lengths, so just switching em at carb would leave one (the return on the throttle) too long...I couldnt even make up the difference using the carb end adjustment....if anything, may have been switched up top...cable ends are same lenghts there....

·
Registered
856 Posts
Not really...the cables are 2 different lengths, so just switching em at carb would leave one (the return on the throttle) too long...I couldnt even make up the difference using the carb end adjustment....if anything, may have been switched up top...cable ends are same lenghts there....
Cool thanks for the info. Was wondering if the difference was really that much that it wouldn't be taken up by adjusting at both the carb end and up a the handlebars.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Only way to use the return cable as a pull, is to adjust all the way out, and slightly bend the tab on the carb....Im running a single cable setup now, using the return cable swapped (had to do it on the road)...

·
Banned
55 Posts
If you place your hand on the throttle control, increasing throttle direction...which direction is correct?? clockwise or counter-clockwise.....mine is clockwise....isn't that backwards???
It should be Counter-clock-wise, if you are turning the handle towards you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts