Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The Motorcycle I'd Like to Find is the Royal Enfield Indian Chief, made in the late 50's-early 60's after the American brand big bore folded in the early 50's. Had a shot at one right here in my town a few years ago but blew it.

What's yours?

Super Moderator
Find? 馃槣
I鈥檇 really like a brand new Yamaha RD-400 Daytona Special.
Many years back, there in fact was one auctioned off. It sat in it鈥檚 original crate from Japan behind a couch at a dealer. Not sure what it sold for, but I didn鈥檛 have the money back then anyway.

Premium Member
Since were going with the word 鈥渇ind鈥 that makes me think of something I don鈥檛 see often or at all for that matter. When I was 4 they bought me a CHiPs bike that I spent almost all my time on. I remember wanting a bike like that, unfortunately it took me almost 40yrs to actually get a bike. So if the opportunity ever lines up that I can get this I鈥檇 do it. 1980 KZ1000. The police versions are awesome but probably more than I鈥檇 want. This one would be perfect :)

2531EF34-F7D6-47A7-961F-12546BB2F695.jpeg

Super Moderator
KZ 1000....yes 馃憤

My second pick is a bike I saw every time I went to my dealer back in the late 70鈥檚. It sat in the window and back then I only wished I had the money to buy it. A 1974 Ducati 750 Super Sport:

Not sure what one is going for now, but I bet it鈥檚 a lot more than what they were asking for it back then.

FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
1100 magna. Rd400 as well. Gs1000. Cbx1000... Just to name a few

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
Vn750rider/jerry, is this you

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spockster

Registered
Since were going with the word 鈥渇ind鈥 that makes me think of something I don鈥檛 see often or at all for that matter. When I was 4 they bought me a CHiPs bike that I spent almost all my time on. I remember wanting a bike like that, unfortunately it took me almost 40yrs to actually get a bike. So if the opportunity ever lines up that I can get this I鈥檇 do it. 1980 KZ1000. The police versions are awesome but probably more than I鈥檇 want. This one would be perfect :)

View attachment 52944

on FB marketplace for 3k in Glouchester VA.

Registered
Good to know there鈥檚 a few out there.
I still see groups of them coming out of the police auctions every once in a while, but there wasn't any listed last week.

I'll have an HD Ultra Classic with Rinehart pipes please.

Registered
The Motorcycle I'd Like to Find is the Royal Enfield Indian Chief, made in the late 50's-early 60's after the American brand big bore folded in the early 50's. Had a shot at one right here in my town a few years ago but blew it.
Look for a VN1500 Drifter?

Registered

What's yours?
I have most of what I've wanted to ride over the years in my stable. Never too late to add my favorite, but not willing to pay today's prices: KZ1100 LTD shaft. Or perhaps a 750 Water Buffalo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts