Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow some condensation got inside my tach. Is there a way to remove the glass to clean off the dried watermarks.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Somehow some condensation got inside my tach. Is there a way to remove the glass to clean off the dried watermarks.
I would try to see if you,can take it off and use a hair dryer to blow through it and maybe dry it out, the cup comes off the back,

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I would try to see if you,can take it off and use a hair dryer to blow through it and maybe dry it out, the cup comes off the back,
denny the tach is not still wet inside, he is trying to clean dried watermarks off the inside of glass lens.:)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
denny the tach is not still wet inside, he is trying to clean dried watermarks off the inside of glass lens.:)
can you say ,Duhh? I was obviously having a moment there Gordon:doh:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
can you say ,Duhh? I was obviously having a moment there Gordon:doh:
Well it is about 0*F here, so I could claim brain freeze eh!
So what is your excuse? :( lol

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My original post seems to have skidded off the road. It sure is fun reading you guys ( veteran Vulcaneers) banter. Can I take the glass off the tach to clean the inside? OHC is correct, It has left water marks. It isn't life changing, just wondering if anyone has encountered this issue. thnx, Merry Xmas.
A frigid 61 here on Sunday, what a great riding time.
God Bless you all.

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Can I take the glass off the tach to clean the inside?
It is not designed to come apart, but it can be done. The chromed ring around the tachometer has to come off. Take off the cup and with a small screwdriver pry around the ring to get it off. Proceed slowly and cautiously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts