Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks and a happy new year to all!
Does anyone know if there is a complete engine gasket kit or set to get hold of? I鈥檝e been looking throughout the net - unsuccessfully 馃 So if anyone know, I鈥檇 realt appreciate it. Thanx 馃憤馃槉

Registered
I've never seen a complete gasket set offered anywhere.

Ebay is the best place pricewise, but you'll just have to buy each gasket individually no matter where you shop.

Registered
I have access to a laser cutter ... would the ability to buy an entire gasket set be something that people here would want to have access to? I'd have to CAD up all the profiles, but could do that if there would be long-term interest. I'd have to check the safety sheet for gasket materials to make sure it wouldn't put off toxic gasses, etc when cut.

Registered
I have access to a laser cutter ... would the ability to buy an entire gasket set be something that people here would want to have access to? I'd have to CAD up all the profiles, but could do that if there would be long-term interest. I'd have to check the safety sheet for gasket materials to make sure it wouldn't put off toxic gasses, etc when cut.
I wouldn't mind a 'tuxedo mod' gasket. I used gasket maker and have a small oil leak because of it, and have to pull the engine in the coming months to fix it

Registered

Registered
He's probably wanting a thicker gasket to fill the leaky gap created with the tux mod.

That's a helluva site if their parts are any good. Saw a VN750 stator and gasket for $55. Flat idler pulley for lawn tractors was $11, I paid $30+ on ebay last time around. I paid $10-15 for a stator gasket on ebay.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies and pointers to this matter. For noe I need all neccessary gaskets for head gasket change, including gearbox gasket...

Registered
Yeah, what Spockster said. I don't remember off the top of my head but a certain thickness is required with the addition of the tux mod plate and screws.

I'm no master mechanic but I assume I can't stack multiple gaskets

Registered
Its my understanding that gaskets shouldn't be used back-to-back, but I couldn't back that up even anecdotally. If there's not thick enough gasket material around to fill the gap in one go, an aluminum plate could be cut to the same dimensions and sandwiched between them. Have other people been able to find thick enough gasket material to do it in one shot?

Registered
..... Have other people been able to find thick enough gasket material to do it in one shot?
Saw a post or two where they used cork, but most just glob on extra silicone. I think I saw one where they did use thicker material.

The leak is the main reason I didn't go with the mod.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts