Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not want to rant and complain and it is difficult for me to do...but it is time to part with my Vulcan. To make the story short last summer a stupid cager sent me two months in the hospital. I am fine, but i have to sell the Vulcan:mad:. I have to take couple years off riding to let things cool down.
Anyway...I would prefer someone to take it completely off my hands to save me some nerves, so make me an offer. I really love that bike!!:( Otherwise....let the dissection begin

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
I wouldn't part it out. I would either fix it then sell it or Figure out what the engine, Seat, Back-rest. Bags, & Misc other sellable items are worth to you.
Add them up and Sell it for that price All or Nothing.

If you start cutting it up the all you'll have lying around is a pile of pieces you can't get rid of.

I couldn't tell for sure but the frame doesn't look bent & if that is the case then it would be a good fix-up for somebody who wanted a 1st bike and don't mind having to fix it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wouldn't part it out. I would either fix it then sell it or Figure out what the engine, Seat, Back-rest. Bags, & Misc other sellable items are worth to you.
Add them up and Sell it for that price All or Nothing.

If you start cutting it up the all you'll have lying around is a pile of pieces you can't get rid of.

I couldn't tell for sure but the frame doesn't look bent & if that is the case then it would be a good fix-up for somebody who wanted a 1st bike and don't mind having to fix it.
The frame is bent :doh:(i think) so i cant fix it without another bike's. Yes, I absolutely agree with you, i prefer to sell it all to somebody who is willing to work on it and maybe have another VN750. There are some good parts to take off it and the engine is young as well.

Also i have parts that are extra to the bike that i dont need: leather fork bag, Scootworks "goatless" kit etc. which I am including if somebody takes it all.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm.....on second thought i am not sure if the frame is bent. How can you tell? I mean the forks are twisted as seen in a picture above and that is what made me think the frame is trash.:baby:

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
The frame is bent :doh:(i think) so i cant fix it without another bike's. Yes, I absolutely agree with you, i prefer to sell it all to somebody who is willing to work on it and maybe have another VN750. There are some good parts to take off it and the engine is young as well.

Also i have parts that are extra to the bike that i dont need: leather fork bag, Scootworks "goatless" kit etc. which I am including if somebody takes it all.
It seems like all the good deals is on the east side of the US. They think everything is gold plated here in California. If it's a $10.00 item they'll want $25.00 here.

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Hmmmm.....on second thought i am not sure if the frame is bent. How can you tell? I mean the forks are twisted as seen in a picture above and that is what made me think the frame is trash.:baby:
Well the best way is to sit your bike as level as you can. then hang a string with a weight from the rafters on either side if the neck. That way you see if the neck is twisted.

Then look at the Neck where it welds onto the frame and see if any of the pipes has a bluge or kink in it.

If your rear wheel looks straight and the motor doesn't seem to be cocked then the Frame is probley OK.

Then all you'd need to get it back in shape it a Compleate front-end with handle bars.

To Me ot looked like everything else was OK but the Tree, Forks, Handle-bars, & the Electronics on it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bump
:beerchug:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Bent or not?

·
Newb with a Bullet!
589 Posts
So it's not rideable I take it? A guy would have to trailer it away?

Send me a PM of what you are asking for it. I'm close enough to Chicago to consider it and I'd love to get a second bike for parts to begin with and eventually to bob down. So I would be running her!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts