Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's competition in the garage.

Shiny new orange 2009 Vstrom 650.

No, Kimmerling's recent purchase was not a factor. Been wanting a strom for a while, and love the color.

Anyone want to buy the storied EQPlayer VN750? 63,000 miles and going strong. Just changed the air filters today.

Craigslist ad: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/2201099454.html

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
You two are making me look even harder at a Honda VFR 800 leftover,I just hate to have another payment until Nov.The mortgage is done then.I want another sportier ride too,I will keep the 1500 as well though,so i can have the best of both.That is a sharp ride :smiley_th

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
I can't see the picture but I can see the one's in the ad. You might want to explain that the bike you're trying to sell has never actually been on fire. That forth pic is deceiving!

Congrats on the bike. I can't see the pic, just more annoying red X's. I'll have to check it out at home. I'm curious if the "orange" is close to mine.
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

·
Straight roads are evil
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't see the picture but I can see the one's in the ad. You might want to explain that the bike you're trying to sell has never actually been on fire. That forth pic is deceiving!
Here's the fire pic + another one.

They were taken in 2008 on California's Highway 1, in an unbelievably awesome section north of Fort Bragg. For 22 miles the road gets beyond description as it crosses the coastal range. We went around a turn and there was a forest fire, right there. Wild! There was a fire crew around the next turn, they already knew about it.

FlacoLove said:
Bummer dude...

I feel like I'm losing a brother..

'you get rid of the Vulcan, you'll probably conclude that you have less in common here; no incentive/interest/needs with VN750"s; no reason to log on. I'll miss your valuable input and company here. (mushy-mushy). It's been nice bro. Ride safe.
You can't get rid of me that easily! I'll still be around, never fear. Besides, I have to keep taunting the east coasters with California ride reports, don't I? Take today: Early February. Low 70's, blue sky, the road is calling. Time to ride!

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
How much different is the ergo ride qualities,( seat, position, real ride height, etc). I get worn out after a 2-3 stretch and have been looking at the 650 Wee as a "road" bike. Still love my 750 and it will stay with me.But several buds have the 650 and LOVE them.

·
Registered
6,439 Posts
Here's the fire pic + another one.

They were taken in 2008 on California's Highway 1, in an unbelievably awesome section north of Fort Bragg. For 22 miles the road gets beyond description as it crosses the coastal range. We went around a turn and there was a forest fire, right there. Wild! There was a fire crew around the next turn, they already knew about it.

You can't get rid of me that easily! I'll still be around, never fear. Besides, I have to keep taunting the east coasters with California ride reports, don't I? Take today: Early February. Low 70's, blue sky, the road is calling. Time to ride!
Takin' a ride at 1 p.m. on a Wednesday huh? You know what's all the rage these days buddy? Employment. :)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Well it won't be as long as it has been till us Appalachian boys can get back at it...lol...
I'm mad at you anyway, wouldn't rent me, an old Redneck a room over your garage over the winter months...lol... Never mind me though, I know where one is...lol...
BTW-Don't get rid of the Vulcan too quick, you might want to do a different ride now and again, also please stay around and torment us durin the winter months, and with those great twisties pictures year around...lol...

Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Undercover Sportbiker
1,097 Posts
If you are looking for a *$ poser bike, please die.
Are you gonna come down here and clean the coffee out of my keyboard now? That's freaking classic! Nominated for best of craigslist. Wish I could see pics of the wee. I'm not a fan, but I hear they are fantastic bikes with tremendous A/M support.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts