Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, new here to the forum. Picking up a vn750 next weekend. My intentions are to bob it out which includes a new gas tank. Ive searched around here but am having trouble figuring out just which tanks from other bikes will fit on the 750. So was hoping people could throw some options out there and if anyone has any pictures thatd be great too. Also trying to find out about plug in play seats that fit in the bobber style as well.

Thanks in advance, Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya, im anticipating the tank on the one im picking up to be filled with rust. Thinking I may end up buying another one since ive been down the rusty tank road a time or 2 lol. Are there tanks that generally fit better than others, other than the stock tank?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
I just bumped a thread for you in the project/build section that you will find interesting

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
I hear ya, im anticipating the tank on the one im picking up to be filled with rust. Thinking I may end up buying another one since ive been down the rusty tank road a time or 2 lol. Are there tanks that generally fit better than others, other than the stock tank?
unfortunately no tank other than the VN700 and the VN750 tanks just bolt on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just bumped a thread for you in the project/build section that you will find interesting
Good looking out Doc, that is a good thread, kinda like watching the first half of a movie though and not finishing it lol. I see the work that was done to mount that tank. Wish I had my mig welder here in NC. Looks like a stock tank for the time being unless a welder shows up magically. So, howbout prefab seats for the bobber look? Any seats in particular that you guys can rattle off fit the vn without too much fab work? Im freshly divorced from my wife.....and my tools, sooo... Haha

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
this is a le pera seat for a sportster. stock sporty stock sporty with pillion. Vn900,mean streak,vn800,Wolfie used a star 650 seat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like that le pera seat too, good to know there's at least some options other than the stock seat, I'm not a fan of it at all.

·
Registered
32 Posts
im looking at the vulcan 800 tank it will fit with mods but i dont think its that hard there is a thread on here i saw somewhere with pics of the mods needed to fit the 800 tank sry dont remember wat is was i think i just google what tank can i fit to my vulcan 750 and you should get some ideas there sry not more help bud im new myself if i get my tank soon ill post how i fit it with pics

·
Registered
32 Posts
oh btw i saw you said tank may be a little rusty.well mine was alot rusty and now its spotless rust free.i just used muriatic acid.its not as bad as u think just wear a respirator.i took a small piece of sheet metal and cut pieces to fit my petcock hole and sender hole and then cut a small piece of wood to put over the sheet metal to help seal the holes.sheet metal 1st then the wood worked like a charm my tank was done and had fresh gas in it in less then a hour.hope this also helps

1 - 15 of 15 Posts