Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been teaching my younger brother to ride and the dumbass forgot to put the kickstand down and snapped my front footpeg. I go by if I have to fix it, replace it with something better or more to my liking. Problem is i cant find any info on compatible pegs or adapters. Also not a floorboard person just looking for pegs.

·
Registered
202 Posts
you can find used foot rests on ebay all the time. I think i even have an extra one laying round if you want it. you can also get new ones at kawasakipartshouse.com or kawasakipartsnation.com

the problem with trying to mount floorboards or other pegs is that nothing is made to fit these bikes. there arent even good adapters made for this bike. refinedcycle.com has some really nice forward controls. i think they are model FC12 and they bolt right on. no drilling or alterations needed.

Kuryakyn also makes a splined adapter that you can then use on just about anything, but it is a little small so it doesn't fit super great. i think a few people have used washers or standoffs to tighten it up a little so it wasnt so loose.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After 4 or 5 hours of searching online for something aftermarket I gave up and ordered a used one on eBay. If I was to buy an adapter tho I would personally try and get a larger one and grind it down nicely to the proper fitment. Its hard to guess when searching online tho and spending 30 bucks each to figure it out wasn't an option.

·
Registered
202 Posts
no worries, brother! i have spent countless hours looking at pegs and floorboards. i have combed through members photos and read an insane number of old posts. i find it a little crazy that a company produced the same exact bike for 20 years and no one has or produces accessories for them.

Reactions: Heynay

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
why mess with perfection? (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was funny)

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had also broken off a footpeg when dropping my bike, and the ones specific to the bike were either overpriced, unavailable or came with an entire brake pedal assembly. I ordered a pair of general footpegs from eBay. As I see, long as the holes are the right size for the pins, almost any set of footpegs should fit just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts