Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any compatible rotors from any other bikes? Has anyone ever done anything like this?

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
I too.....have been searching for compatible rotors for our bikes with no luck. I will also keep looking for me and you. So far the only thing I can find is the EBC MD4010RS (right side) and the MD4010LS (left side) for 320.00 to my house for the set, better price than MA KAW wants.....but still way too much for what they are.... when mine really are not that bad yet.

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
seriously? no one has any suggestions other than ebay or what bret has said? i didnt know if any brake rotors from another kaw would work or not. also just thinking out loud here, what about making some rotors?

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
seriously? no one has any suggestions other than ebay or what bret has said? i didnt know if any brake rotors from another kaw would work or not. also just thinking out loud here, what about making some rotors?

I don't think anyone has worn a set out yet.... Most would if needed look for OEM only because they be cheaper.

I would imagine a good machinist could make something else work... The question would be why spend that kind of money?

KM

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Where are you finding the OEM rotors cheaper? Everywhere that I have looked on the internet for The OEM rotors have them priced like 375.00 to 450.00 a set.

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See, thats what I am lookin for, some more options to search for.
I don't think anyone has worn a set out yet.... Most would if needed look for OEM only because they be cheaper.

I would imagine a good machinist could make something else work... The question would be why spend that kind of money?

KM
I too still haven't worn a set down, but when it happens I am sure that it would help to have a few more options to search for other than just vn7xx brake rotors. I know I could make a set but you are right it would cost me much more than just buying a set. As far as modding a set what would be involved? just finding a set that is the approx. diameter and thickness and drill new holes? I am sure that with the proper tools even that could be diy.

·
Heading to the DARKSIDE!
177 Posts
Thanks Flitecontrol......but next to it it says 2 required.....so I have to assume that the price of 256.00 is only for one rotor. The EBC aftermarket ones are 320.00 including shipping for two of them to my house.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts