Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a few upgrades, I have been wondering if there is any compatibility between VN models (750, 800, 900, etc.). And perhaps other lines or even brands.

Currently I am looking for crash bars. I'm finding plenty for the 800 and 900 (which appear to be the same), but not a whole lot for the 750.
Secondly, I would like a new seat. Preferably a bit lower and firmer.

Are there general guidelines for compatibility, or is it on a pr. item basis?

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
nope.must be 700/750

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
nope.must be 700/750

come on doc i have so many different parts on mine its called a kawly davidson :hitanykey

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
come on doc i have so many different parts on mine its called a kawly davidson :hitanykey
yes what I SHOULD have said was,"unless it was made for a vn700/750,it will need modifications to fit,as it won't just bolt on"

Reactions: minikrew

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
as for the seat,I have a sportster seat on mine.others have put vn900 and meanstreak seats on.just need to modify a little

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
hell come on,now,minikrew. it is early in the morning on the day after St. Paddy"s day.I'm a little sluggish this morning

Reactions: minikrew

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
sportster solo with pillion,
le pera solo seat for sportster
fender mounts

Reactions: Brooklyn_Vulcan

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
sportster solo with pillion,
le pera solo seat for sportster
fender mounts

this is very weird.that first pic is of Wolfie's bike Bessie girl when he first started building her.I did not put that pic into my thread.was supposed to be the second pic first,and the final pic was supposed to be the other side of the fender mount,which didn't show up.so basically, Wolfie says hello

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
hell come on,now,minikrew. it is early in the morning on the day after St. Paddy"s day.I'm a little sluggish this morning

just bustin bud i dont drink so this is the best im going to feel all day:surprise:

Reactions: OleDirtyDoc

·
mayor of Narnia
248 Posts
i knew that was wolfies

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
just bustin bud i dont drink so this is the best im going to feel all day:surprise:
shoveling out of three feet of snow this week don't help either. my back is so sore I can't sleep well,and when I do get to sleep,my kittens mess with me and wake my ass up.they don't realize yet that I do know how to cook a little Chinese meow

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Looking for a few upgrades, I have been wondering if there is any compatibility between VN models (750, 800, 900, etc.). And perhaps other lines or even brands.

Currently I am looking for crash bars. I'm finding plenty for the 800 and 900 (which appear to be the same), but not a whole lot for the 750.
Secondly, I would like a new seat. Preferably a bit lower and firmer.

Are there general guidelines for compatibility, or is it on a pr. item basis?
You are looking for some answers and several have been given but yet you still have not done a simple introduction under the Newbie Check-In heading to tell us about your riding/wrenching experience. Most of us here prefer two way movement including in the exchange of information.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
You are looking for some answers and several have been given but yet you still have not done a simple introduction under the Newbie Check-In heading to tell us about your riding/wrenching experience. Most of us here prefer two way movement including in the exchange of information.
Damn St. Paddy's day,Tom.I'm slipping

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Damn St. Paddy's day,Tom.I'm slipping

No problem, Doc. You have had a difficult few weeks of late and deserve to let loose finally. I hope you really enjoyed.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
2006 sportster seat

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I honestly didn't even consider that. I'm generally not the forum type so it never occurred to me that it was expected.
I will be sure to fix that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts