Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yahoo VN750 Group Owner
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, my brother and I have been taking a riding trip every summer for the last 8 years or so. He lives in Washington, DC so we usually meet up somewhere in Ohio or Kentucky and head for some interesting roads. This usually means the Blue Ridge Mountains, WV, VA, NC, TN, etc.

This year, we've decided to fly to Denver and rent a couple of bikes and ride the Rockies. Should be a great time. I don't think there are many bad roads there.

We've reserved a V-Strom and a CanAm Spyder, just for the fun of it (from www.tourbikes.com). June 22-30. I'm kinda looking forward to it! Please try not to be too jealous.... <g>

·
Registered
77 Posts
I no longer have my Vulcan but if you need anyone to ride with I'd be sure to meet up somewhere with my Bandit. There are also a few other member around this area that have talked about a ride through the years that may want to join.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey Pick,

My brother and I are also planning a trip to Colorado in Aug. this year...both riding our vn750's. Should be a great time!

John

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Western Slope for sure ! I been trying to move to either Durango or Pagosa Springs for years ! Have fun and enjoy, and take lotsa pics !:smiley_th

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
For what it's worth: US Route 550 from Ouray to Durango, Colorado is one of the best--this one made the AMA "Top 15" list (especially the first 12 miles or so out of Ouray).
Again--:worthless
I did that road in a Jeep few years ago. I wished to everything holy I had my bike at the time. If you do nothing else, leave yourself some time to bang around Ouray. Silverton isn't far from Ouray either. If you're into "old west towns" you can't miss Silverton...

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'm kinda looking forward to it! Please try not to be too jealous.... <g>
Whaaaaaat? How can I not be jelous! That sounds absolutly Awsome!
Have a great time.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Pick, you are going to have an awesome experience. I did this trip the Summer before last. Spent some time up North of Denver and rode the Peak to Peak Hwy, Poudre and Thompson Canyons, Trailridge Road through Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park (3 times!). Spent some time in the Central part of the state in the Leadville / Salida area, Monarch pass, Independence Pass over to Aspen, etc etc. You will want another Month when it's time to leave. The canyon highways are unbelievably fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts