Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many riders are from Colorado? Looks like I finaly get to go home for good after 5 years of being away and would like to meet up with some peeps this summer to ride and wrench. I will be making my home somewhere around the Penrose area.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hey Slim, I live in the Westminster area (north Denver). The Mistress is still waiting for me and warm weather for her upgrades, but glad to hear you are making your home here in Colorado. Hope to see you in the future.

Steve:rockon::smiley_th:pepper:

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Warlord... My home has always been Colorado, life has just made me go in other directions the past several years. What kind of Jobs are available in Westmisnster?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Really have not looked recently. Been wortking as a mechanic for the last 5 years. Might try Denver Post.com and look at the online classifieds. My son is starting to look for work as well, now that my wife has recovered enough from her strokes to be at home by herself.

Good luck on your search, and keep in the wind!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Should have asked what kind of jobs you were looking for.....
:motorcycl:BLAM:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm in Longmont Colorado, it's a great time to head this direction as the temps are rising. I'm riding to work the next two days as temps are forecasted in the upper 60's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Believe Ironman lives in Steamboat. Suprised he has not shown up yet.

There are a few of us here, will be glad to welcome another to the Centenial State!!!!!!! Let me know when you get into town and I'll buy you a drink (your choice)!!!!!!!!!!!

:carryflag:pepper::rockon::beerchug:

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to... It looks like I won't be leaving as soon as I thought... Probably moving mid to end of May... IF Uncle Same finally releases me.
On anther note... My wife wants to move to Freemont County. So We will probably be living in Penrose or Canon City, and I will be commuting to the springs to work. (man I love that ride down 115 through the canons. Any one going to the Fallen Riders Ralley in Salida?

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is the first I've heard of the "Fallen Riders Rally" in Salida.... but it could happen.

Hey guys! It's good to see that there are fellow Colorado VN750 riders out there! I was starting to think that I was alone. Man that's no fun! I sort of gave up on this category awhile back. I'm glad I checked back!

I actually live in Grand Junction. I lived in Denver for about 18 years (got stationed at Lowry AFB back in '84). Moved out here in '02. Lot's of rid'n room out here.

I found out late last summer that Junkyardroad lives out this way too....Silt Colorado. I actually got to ride with him a couple of times last year. Those were some of the best rides that I've had. Riding with another VN750 was fantastic! Not to mention that Colorado has gorgeous scenery. I'd love to ride with you guys sometime but I'm really not interested in riding my Vulcan in Denver. I didn't feel safe driving 18 wheelers in Denver.....so a bike...um...I'll stay out here if you don't mind. I WANNA LIVE!!! Maybe we could meet up somewhere in between so I could join in on that drink.

Slim, I'd bet the scenery between us is incredible. The Royal Gorge is an amazing place! Id really like to add some more miles to my bike this year.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Fallen Riders Rally is in its 6th year this year. For more information on the Rally check out Fallen Riders.

Iron Man, The scenery between us is very awesome, I love cruising through the Gorge... Ever been a crossed the gondolas? My Uncle In Law owns and operates them. I am trying to stay out of Denver if I can, Looks like I have a few jobs options lined up in Colorado Springs, and my In-Laws have a place lined up for us in Penrose. But we will see, I still have to get the army to Release me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
My wife an I went across the gondola that is next to the bridge about 20 years ago. She is deathly afraid of heights so I know that won't happen again!

Good luck on the Army letting you go...are you trying for an early release or something? Usually when your time's up....your time's up. I'm glad I got out, I definately like being a civillian more than being government property!

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am in a wierd situation... if I were any one else, I would ahve been discharged 6 months ago when I hit my Retention Control Point, now.. I am jsut waiting to see what these guys do... technically I was supposed to be out last month by Army Regs...so I am not sure what exactly is going on

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just like Uncle Sam to drag his........heels on something. Hope that they get their collective you-know-what together and free you from your servitude.

We will have to chat all at once and figure out where to meet and such.

Stay strong there, my friend.

:wow::beerchug::BLAM::motorcycl

·
Registered
164 Posts
Man, THAT would really make me nervous!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hey Worlord....I dig your avatar pic! My weird side kinda wants to ride it! LOL

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Its not making me nervous... I know its going to happen, and have been anticipating it for over a year now... The part that bugs me is every time I think the end is near, and I start Job hunting, and I find the perfect job, the Army just keeps me that much longer. I am hanging in here though.. and once I get back to the Rocky mountains, I will defiantly hit you all up for a ride. I don't drink alcohol, but that doesn't mean a bar or pub is out of the question... as long as they serve good burgers.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts