Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm painting the various parts for my bike and I want input on what should be painted what...

This will be an evolving thread as I continue the journey, but for now.....

The frame is metallic silver. The fenders and tank will be a deep metallic blue.

What color should I make:

The swingarm? I feel like blue would look cool...

The forks? I want to paint the lower, and paint above where it clamps.

I'll post pics of the colors....

If anyone wants to mspaint me a color scheme with these colors, I'd be ever grateful.

Edit... Here is the front fender and right side frame piece. Color of blue is most accurate towards the right bottom corner of fender in picture

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Do the rims blue with polished lips

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Kinda like the 85-86

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
You can never lose wearing a hot pink Speedo;)

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Silver is the base color, deep metallic blue is the primary accent color.... What should secondary accent color be? Black?

Secondary means tach, speedo, and various accessories that aren't vital or crucial to operation

·
Registered
149 Posts
Im a big fan of the Blue/Black/White or Silver color scheme.

Im gonna second the idea of painting the wheels same as the frame, maybe with blue highlights. I dig Docs idea but think flip the colors around.. Id also suggest black forks and swingarm. I think they would tie it all together, man.

i think black for the instruments and such would be good, and possible a black gas cap too.

Be really cool to see a logo or design on the side of the tank or side covers in silver with a black outline.

I love that blue youve got going on. Very nice.

Keep us posted dude!

·
Crowley
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was going to stick with either silver or blue for swingarm... I think black wheels with blue accents? I think Wolfie did something like that.

Wheels are easy to change. I think I'm going to do silver striping of some sort on the tank... Black instruments for sure, and black forks probably.

I'm excited.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
Wolfie's were black and red

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,242 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts