Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions for a cold weather pant? preferably a overpant type that is at least water resisant for 100.00 or less. Does such a pant exist?
thanks.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I use the Tourmaster over pants. They have giant zippers that run up both legs, so you can put them over boots. There are a couple of side pockets, and a thigh pocket on the left thigh where I put my wallet and key. Heavy duty velcro seems to seal up crotch area, side zippers, and hold the pockets closed. I have not tested them in rain yet, but they are really warm, and not too bulky. They come with some scotchbright stuff, but I'd still like more. I've heard that they leak a bit in the crotch, but apparently, many suits and what does. The only other complaint I have is that the legs should be much longer, by about 3 or 4 inches. My problem is that when sitting, the pant legs come up due to knee bend. This might be a major problem when its raining. Well, it would be, unless you added something some how. I am a 36-34, so I got the XL, but I might have liked to try the XXL, to see if the legs were longer, but then everything else would be too long. Oh well. If you have tall boots, you might not have a problem. They are warm and windproof though, so thats the good news!

http://www.tourmaster.com/product.html?sku=84-544

·
Registered
83 Posts
Woody said:
...preferably a overpant type that is at least water resisant for 100.00 or less. Does such a pant exist?
thanks.
Bear & I have used the Unik Leather Overpants #765 for the past two winters. We've rode through rain showers with them to see how well they'd work, and they worked just fine. They're leather though, so extended wet riding will get them soaked through in time. We cover them with FroggToggs if it looks like an all-day wet ride. They have full-length leg zippers and the waistband opens on both sides to allow putting them on and taking them off without ever lifting a foot off of the ground. We paid $129 retail for them at a small local shop, but you might be able to get them for around $100 online or on sale.

CD in Frederick, OK

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the earlier iteration of First Gear's HT overpants. Super warm even without the liner in them. Easy access velcro'd pockets and armor in the knee's. They zip up the sides for easy on and off with boots on as well.

A little above $100 at newenough.com ( http://www.newenough.com/firstgear_ht_2_overpants_page.htm ). But probably could be found on Ebay etc.. for less.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an older pair of FirstGear Overpants and they are very warm. Mine are unarmored have two front pockets and one rear pocket. The have full length reversable zippers on both legs and are lined to down below the knees more like cruiser pants than sports pants. I got mine off ebay for $49 shipped.

Hammer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts