Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ngk iridium plugs, just did the pickup coild mod, and its still not wanting to start cold. fires right up when warm or hot but the first start of day is rough. choke on it backfires and pops and drags the battery down, do you think it could be a choke adjustment maybe?

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
Question is how do you try starting it when cold...do you pull the choke down and then hit the starter, or do you hit the starter and roll back the choke?

Mine seemed to like the roll on method, even though it might take two attempts. Backfires mean you got too much fuel downstream.

Try starting cold by hitting the starter very briefly..no choke. Then wait a few seconds, hold the starter and roll the choke back, stopping if it catches...use NO throttle. YMMV.

KM

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'll try that but what is ymmv?

·
Registered
133 Posts
yeah,,,whats YMMV ?......lol.:doh:

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trying that method now and it seems to work a little better, but it seems to take a few to get to full choke where the rpms will run about 1500 - 2000 rpms almost like it needs adjusted but they say the choke is not adjustable, is that correct? I used to start it by fully choking and hitting the starter button till recently and never had a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts