Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts
Wear a pair of Latex or Nitrile gloves underneth your riding gloves. The gloves do not breathe and contain the heat within.
Yeah, except your hands sweat in them, and that makes the hands doubly cold. I know, because I tried that while working on the car in very cold temps.

^ Thanks Deuce and welcome to the site! We have an intro section up top the forum page if you're interested. It's called "newbie check-in" if memory serves. Drop us a line there, let us know the year and mileage of your bike, maybe post a pic. How long you been ridin', when did you get your Vulcan, all that good stuff. Thanks for the good advice!
Will do once I pick up my bike this weekend.

Yeah, except your hands sweat in them, and that makes the hands doubly cold. I know, because I tried that while working on the car in very cold temps.
You're supposed to use the latex gloves in conjunction with riding gloves. Latex by themselves DO NOT work. :wow:

You're supposed to use the latex gloves in conjunction with riding gloves. Latex by themselves DO NOT work. :wow:
I think he knew that. Even under riding gloves covering your hands with latex gloves can make your hands sweat... which at some point may make them colder.

Proper cold weather gear should wick away moisture from your skin, the more dry you are the warmer.

For short periods , a latex glove used as a liner may seem to add more warmth to a glove..for a short time ...but at some point the sweat will end up cooling your hand rather than warming it.

Granted there is no set guide here...alot depends on the actual tempature you are dealing with and the insulative quality of the outer glove....but in general , wearing a rubber glove as a liner does not keep your hands warmer.

http://www.extremz.com/main/archive/snow/colddressfeb96.htm

KM

I think he knew that. Even under riding gloves covering your hands with latex gloves can make your hands sweat... which at some point may make them colder.

Proper cold weather gear should wick away moisture from your skin, the more dry you are the warmer.

For short periods , a latex glove used as a liner may seem to add more warmth to a glove..for a short time ...but at some point the sweat will end up cooling your hand rather than warming it.

Granted there is no set guide here...alot depends on the actual tempature you are dealing with and the insulative quality of the outer glove....but in general , wearing a rubber glove as a liner does not keep your hands warmer.

http://www.extremz.com/main/archive/snow/colddressfeb96.htm

KM
Thanks, KM. You got it dead on.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.