Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance.......I just bought a 94 VN750 with 4600 miles on it, it has been parked for the last 5 years. The carbs were really varnished up and after removing and cleaning them twice, (my knuckles cant handle it again), the bike still hesitates at around 3500 RPMS and up when first taking it out. If I run it hard and get the temp gauge up then it seems to come out of it somewhat (this may take 10-15 minutes)although it still doesnt sound right to me.
If I apply the choke it will come out of it, but it is still not running right. I have eliminated the pre muffler and coastered the bike, but it hasnt changed the way it runs.
Any ideas on what I might have missed?????????

·
Registered
553 Posts
Maybe the mid range jets are still plugged? Try running a stong dose of sea foam in it and try to keep the bike in 3500 rpm range as much as possible and maybe it will clean itself out. Would also verify the the carbs are sync'd properly and the plugs are good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be the mids........I thought I had them cleaned pretty good though. When I first got the bike, you couldnt get anything through the jets at all and I had to use a torch tip cleaner for the mids........maybe I shoulda just replaced them:BLAM:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts