Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get the caps on the coils? That is the cap/nut that the plug wire goes thru when it connects to the coil.

Somone got a little happy putting it on and over tightened it and broke one.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Have you checked an Auto Parts store? Spark plug wires are spark plug wires and the caps should run fairly standard. Take a good one in with you and see if they can match it up. Advanced Auto would be my first visit.

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'd watch ebay for a cheep set of coils/wires Ect. If you price it that way & price it at bikebandit.com or ron ayers, by the time you price a new part you could buy several used! + shipping. ltms

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
PM me a shipping address and I'll send you one. I just upgraded to Dynacoils and they don't use the screw-on caps. I don't think I'll go back to the stock coils so I don't need them.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PM sent.

I wasnt for sure if they were a standard as my local KAW dipwads had no clue. And I was going to stop by autozone on way home from work tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
PM me a shipping address and I'll send you one. I just upgraded to Dynacoils and they don't use the screw-on caps. I don't think I'll go back to the stock coils so I don't need them.
SCOOP,

What Dyna Coils did you get? Any noticible improvement that makes it worth the expense?

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
SCOOP,

What Dyna Coils did you get? Any noticible improvement that makes it worth the expense?
I got the DC1-1's. I did have to redrill the mounting holes because they are 90 degrees off from the stock ones. (This places the output connections in the wrong orientation for both the front and rear coils.) I got these slightly used so not sure if you can get them from Dynatek with the mounting holes located correctly for the VN750.

I made a lot of changes chasing a dead spot in my throttle response - each change resulted in some improvement in how my bike ran. The change to the Dyna Coils was by far the best incremental improvement of the things I did. Much smoother, seemed like a noticable power increase and easier starting. But some people have warned me that others have reported problems after running these for a longer time. So far nothing but improvements but I don't have that many miles on it since I change the coils. Maybe a couple hundred miles or so. So far, so good!

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Good work guys! Glad to see another ready to ride!

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts