Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry been awhile since i posted anything.
Been too busy riding and working. LOL.

I been keeping an eye out for an old school coffin tank to put
on my "Frankenbike".

Finally found one in my price range $72 delivered !!!
It was missing a gas cap, no biggie, and the inside is rusted pretty
bad...but nothing some hard work and a kreme kit cant fix.
I had to remount the petcock assembly so it'll work on the 750 and
have clearance...this one went straight down from back of tank.

Hopefully (since weather is crappy this week here) i can work on the stripping, and painting of the tank. I wanna pick up the Kreme kit and get busy on that.

I wanna get some good pic's taken and up for ya'll to look over. My old phone's camera app took a dump and i had to get a new phone. This one takes PHENOMINAL pics....so i guess no excuses on my part now huh?

LOL Have a great day !!
:beerchug:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope i do this right.. been awhile since i uploaded pics.. lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah... soon as i get the funds for the tank liner.... i'll be set. I still have some welding/ tapping to do..etc... but that'll be like a couple hours work.
Paint scheme is still being decided. i was HOPING to be done by maybe late this weekend. However, just depends on weather.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL.. yeah well my trips usually are just round town.. no long runs for me anymore... the ol'body just cant handle more than 50 miles before having to rest.
And yeah, i remember when gas was cheap(er). I'm thinking this will hold around 2.2 gallon...... maybe less.. not sure.. i'll know when i go to fill it up first time. IF its less than that... 'meh'... will look cool as sheeet either way. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OH yeah.. that sissy bar i made with some home depot metal and my welder..lol.
Paint is either gonna be a flat black..... or i might paint the base coat green an go with a black cracked finish topcoat.
Aint quite decided.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I might trade ya sumpin....PM me....I got a peanut.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And um yeah..... i hit a bit of a snag.... the tank... in its ENTIRETY... has bondo ALL over it. Apparently the shape wasnt 'perfect' to the PO or builder and therefore they 'squared' it by applying bondo........ geeeeez. I sanded and grinded for over an hour on that damn thing. But i got it down n ready to paint hopefully this afternoon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts