Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the cobra slip ons on thier vn740? I just bough some on ebay. Wonder how they sound. Already did the degoating last year now it time for something eles..

·
Geek
872 Posts
Yea, I have them. They are a little loud for my taste. At 6 am when I crank it up to head for work, I keep looking around - checking for neighbors.....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Got them. Yes, they're loud and you can't remove the baffles to modify the sound (louder or quieter).

·
Registered
553 Posts
Same goes for me about the noise and baffles. Much happier with the d-goat.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Saturday the wife and I took a ride north along the delaware river to a town called New Hope in PA. Small town. Big bike hang out. On the weekend you can easily see well over 500 bikes. There was a lot of traffic (normal) in town. We were waiting at a traffic light. Six bikes in front of me, about twenty behind me. .....The noise was un-believeable. I couldn't even here my wife talking to me. Well actually maybe that was good.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Popping

Installed my new slip on cobras. Prob is the right side keeps popping. The left side if fine. Ive re-tighten the nuts on both sides and where they join and I still have the probem. at cruzing speed they sound great just on leting off the gas do I start getting the popping on the right side. I havent done the carb. I need to find where those screws are at and see if that helps. any other suggestions other then loosing the cobras and going back to the degoat pipes?

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts